Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Speed with Drop Aways

Old 01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Speed with Drop Aways

I just got a new 101 and I really don't like the WB. If you attempt to make a slight adjustment, the whole rest moves. Never was comfortable with this rest over the 2 weeks that I had it. On my old bow, I had a quick tune. Based on my readings, I just was at gander and bought the TT FC and couldn't get it tuned. The drop was not faster than the arrow. I adjusted it as loose as it could be and still, my 3 inch vanes were marking the felt. The drop is not smooth. I am shooting 310fps with a WB. Has anyone else had this issue with drop aways. My next try will be the QAD pro but I read a few reviews about some failing and the cool weather was an issue. Can anyone assist?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Speed with Drop Aways

buy a slower bow? that is part of the reason i bought a marquis, after shooting all the bowtech, mathews line-up
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 AM

No personal experience, since my setups are all in the 260 fps range, but I am hearing that many drop aways can't deploy fast enough to get out of the way when arrow speedexceeds 280 fps. You could go to a heavier arrow . . . .
Old 01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try a Limb Driver you won't be Sorry!!

Dan
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you so much. It can be a real pain buying and trying and failing. I'll buying one tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:47 PM

I am also looking for a rest nfor my 101. Let me know how you make out with the limbdriver.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:23 PM

I had the same problem with a Ripcord on my Elite Envy (71lb 28 1/2" draw 329fps 376gr arrow)-- the restwasn't getting out of the away fast enough-- I ended up going to a Trophy Ridge drop away problem solved.The next step is to see what happens when I go to a 350 grain arrow fir 3D this summer,the birth cert for this bow says 344 @29.5 I may end up with a shoot through rest.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

where were you attaching the lanyard(spl) too from the drop away...from what I get it should be attached to the downward bus cable about 1-2" below the riser shelfto get it to drop the fastest also cranking the spring tight will help,Ive read if you dont do it this way it wont drop as fast and can have contact trouble......
Just a thought...
Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 PM

I use a old golden Key rest with the forks. I just put a lift handed spring in it are you can reverse it and put a long screw in one of the set screw and tie a string from it to the buss cable. My new bow has a hole in the slide I use. In about 10 years have not have any trouble with it work great on my hunting bow and the arrow doesn't fall off on the draw and the arrow clear the rest every time. I have thought about getting one of the newer one, but this work great and I also had about 3 top end $70 Golden keys laying around.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

I use a old golden Key rest with the forks. I just put a lift handed spring in it are you can reverse it and put a long screw in one of the set screw and tie a string from it to the buss cable. My new bow has a hole in the slide I use. In about 10 years have not have any trouble with it work great on my hunting bow and the arrow doesn't fall off on the draw and the arrow clear the rest every time. I have thought about getting one of the newer one, but this work great and I also had about 3 top end $70 Golden keys laying around.
I still have 2 Golden Keys from the early 90s in my archery box and some flippers from when I first started in 82....and a few of the stick ons from days gone by..

Quick Reply: Speed with Drop Aways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.