Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Speed with Drop Aways

Old 01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speed with Drop Aways

I have Limb Driver on my Marquis and as Dan said if your get on you wont be sorry! Very easy to install and no timing needed. This is by far the best rest I have ever owned.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

I am not sure how any got the TTs to work on these bows. The design is not as smooth as the limb driver. The metal is carbon steel or a forged material; whereas, the limb driver is a machined stainless steel working off the force of the limb and not using a spring to drop away. The spring on the limb driver is to lift the arrow into place. Completely different design. I am not saying that someone didn't get it to work because I am certainly amazed with the knowledge on this site. I can tell you that I am convinced that the limb driver is the best drop away for these bows based on my trials to date. My fletching is still hitting the lancher but it is a very slight smudge that happens ~50% of the time. I placed mole skin on the lancher and the corner is pealing a bit. I am not in any leagues nor do I practice half as much as most on this site, but I was able to hit 29Xs out of 60. I have a couple pictures:

Old 01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

one more...

Old 02-01-2008, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: niehenke

I just got a new 101 and I really don't like the WB. If you attempt to make a slight adjustment, the whole rest moves. Never was comfortable with this rest over the 2 weeks that I had it. On my old bow, I had a quick tune. Based on my readings, I just was at gander and bought the TT FC and couldn't get it tuned. The drop was not faster than the arrow. I adjusted it as loose as it could be and still, my 3 inch vanes were marking the felt. The drop is not smooth. I am shooting 310fps with a WB. Has anyone else had this issue with drop aways. My next try will be the QAD pro but I read a few reviews about some failing and the cool weather was an issue. Can anyone assist?
I shoot a QAD Ultra rest. I had to switch to Blazers to keep the vanes from hitting the rest. I haven't had any trouble with it since and I couldn't be more pleased with the setup. As far as the cold goes, I have hunted in 18 degree weather with a light misting rain and I didn't have a problem with it, other than trying to keep the ice off my bow.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Are you shooting the 101 or 82
Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Try the muzzy Zero effect. when you release the arrowthe cabelas push forward droping the rest. i have a hoyt vipertec and it triggers fast enough.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

They don't make them for the 101 or 82 YET. In another thread, it sounds like there might be something coming out. I know I would buy one based on the reviews. I can tell you that the limb driver that I have now is lifting the arrow off the driver. The lift is adjustable bya spring but it is extremely sensative. Not enough and I shoot low because the arrow doesn't lift to the max and too much spring bounces the arrow off the driver on the lift. I a lot of it I amsure is me. The 101 that I have has a very hard break. I'll keep practing to see if I can get it to where I want it before season. I will say that it is sweet for target shooting. I am not a great shooter, never competed in any forum other than with my dad, and hit 29 xs out of 60 arrows at the local shop last weekend. I give 70% of the credit to the people developing this technology and those helping me make better decisions.