Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

G5 striker magnum

Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 striker magnum

Just heard that G5 is bringing out the striker magnum. It has the samer furrel as the original striker but with different blades. The blades are still the stainless steel .030 lutz blades but give the head a 1.5inch cutting diameter. As far as I know its only available in 125grain and suppose to fly about the same as the original striker out to 30yards. Just curious what everyones thoughts are on this new head.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 striker magnum

It seems to me that as long as they fly straight,a bigger cutting diameter head ALWAYS puts out better blood trail and makes em bleed out quicker.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use strikers and i tell you they do a great job at 1 1/8" which is probly waht ill stick with being its 100grn. Have yall ever felt a sharper blade on a BH?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:10 PM

G5 has great products and im sure this is going to be another one of them
Old 12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have been using strikers and have 0 complaints. I have been tossing around the idea of going a bit heavier for broadhead and total arrow weight so the thought of a 125grain head isnt a problem. I promise you this, I will get a pack of these new magnums to at least test, andat the very leastusing them this spring on turkeys. Ill see how they fly and might end up using them on deer also. Can you imagin a rage three blade size hole with the strength and durability of a striker.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,

If they are 1.5" I may have to give them a try. I shoot 125 gr heads and may have to give these a try.You won't loose much speed out of your bow and the momentum increase is a plus.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,

I know your a big fan of the wack ems. Im guessing these new strikers are going to have similar looking blades to the wack ems, how they sweep backwards over your insert. Should be interesting, I have never shot a 1.5" cutting diamter fixed blade.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave

I'm going to have to check these things out for sure. The flaw with the wac'ems is putting the suckers together. There's a trick to it that took me a little time to figure out without having blades fall off as you put the next one on. G5 or Wac'em if it's a 1.5" fixed head I'll be buying it.

The only concern I'd have is that the wider the blades the less steep the angle on the blades unless you make the broadhead longer. And by making it longer you're getting away from the compact head design. Stability with the high speed bows shooting over 280 fps could be an issue. In addition, you're going from a slicing movement to a chopping movement with the blade if the BH does not get longer. However, that doesn't seem to affect the mechanicals that much and some have almost no angle on the blades at all.

By the way. A belated Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah depending on religious affiliation.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dave, a merry christmas to you also. From what I understand they are using th same furrels on these new magnums, and Im hoping they just lengthened the blades and not change the blade angle. Ive used heads with the really steep blade angle and wasnt too impressed. Only time will tell. They deffinetly have got my interest though.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

When will these be available to purchase?

Quick Reply: G5 striker magnum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.