Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Garmin E trex H

Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Garmin E trex H

I just ordered the Garmin E Trex H tonight along with some other stuff ( The wife is gonna kill me)! Anyway, does anyone have and use it? Any comments, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Garmin E trex H

I just got one a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it. This is my 1st gps so I don't have alot of expierience with them but this is a very good basic gps. No bells and whistles just A to B type stuff, you can mark 500 waypoints and it has a backtrack feature so you can go right back were you came from. I hunt a huge 2000 acre lease and I want to be able to mark my treestands as well as everyone elses and find them in the dark if I have too. This GPS will allow me to do that with no problem.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

The back track feature sounds great because I would expectthat the GPS will show us adirect (Shortest way) routeto your home base but there might be acres of thickets, large swamp, unclimbable rocks,etc. in the way. If we can actually back track our exact steps that would be fantastic. I haven't gotten mine yet but I am quite excited as I'm known as "Wrong way Al".
Old 12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Spike

I have one and it work great on the open ares like lake or field not real good in the wood with leave on but I I used mine for duck hunting finding spot in the dark on a lake it work great I was runing full out on the river adout 4am and it kept me in the center of the river the hole time I love mine just all way have a back up plan
Old 12-19-2007, 02:02 PM

I have one and in the woods it was about 30 feet accurate good enough for me to spot my tree with reflectors on it at 3am