Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick, broadhead ?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Spike

Default Slick Trick, broadhead ?

I am shooting my bow at 57 pounds. Its a Hoyt Trykon with 28 inch draw. I have shot wasp 3 blade fixed broadheads for deer and switched to using grim reaper razor tips mechanicals. This christmas im getting some new bow stuff and already bought magnus stinger two blade fixed broadheads for the fear that my mechanicals might malfunction. Now that I have seen all of these slick trick broadhead reviews, pictures, and their performance I think I would like to try these too. Do you see any problem with them working with my bow? or is 57 pounds enough to shoot like a 100 grain magnum slick trick? Or any other problems I might have?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Slick Trick, broadhead ?

The Slick Trick is, arguably, the best fixed COC BH out there. Fly great, penetration is never going to be an issue, and they are really sharp! In a lower poundage bow, you are going to be able to take even very large game with a quality fixed head like the Slick Trick magnum.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say 57# is enough for slick tricks!!

Mat
Old 12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

It will be plenty!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:29 PM

Having given the Slick Trick all the credit it deserves, if you are hunting deer - a Rage 2 blde expandable may provide you the quickest kill you are ever going to get on a whitetail deer. I'm thinking about going to the Slick Trick for larger game - but my experience this season for deer has been very positive with the Rage 2 blade. FWITW, Roskoe.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Hoyt
why did you switch from the Wasps to Reapers?

Sorry but as mentioned they are not a COC head..which is a + to me
But
IMO Slick Tricks fly great. Sharp as heck. 4 blades. Not expensive. Blades do seem to chip easliy if you hit something hard..but are very easy to replace..

I use Slick Tricks and Montec for tuning purposes and they fly right with my feild points to 60 yards (haven't gone further)

Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 AM

For giggles, I gave slick tricks a try this fall. Shot a doe w/ one, and all I can say is WOW. They'll be my head of choice for next year....Amazing flight, and the entry hole looked like a .54 caliber......amazing. Poor girl only ran about 60 yards, and it cut the top lobe of the near side lung clean off. VERY good blood trail as well. I was most impressed. You will have zero problems w/ your set up.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

57#?? You are good to go. You won't find a better flying, sharper, tougher, or a broadhead that does any more damage than a Trick

Dan
Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 PM

I second Dan's comments! ST's are by far the best fixed blade out there. I use 'em exclusively now!
Old 12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone for all of the comments. I just ordered my slick tricks and cant wait to give them a try in the late bow season after christmas on a doe!!!

sbooy42, I switched from wasps to the grim reapers because a friend of mine says thats all he uses and they fly great at far distances so I tried them. This is only my second year of bowhunting so I want to test everything out and pick what works the best for me. I got a 7 point whitetail with the wasps last year, and a 9 point with the grim reapers this year. Overall I liked both broadheads but illstill be testing STs and Magnus Stingers after Christmas to see what I like best.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick, broadhead ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.