Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

shot the new Hoyt Katerra

Old 11-10-2007, 05:57 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: shot the new Hoyt Katerra

ORIGINAL: general327

With all the hype Hoyt put out for their new line this year it was a dissapointment. I could tinker with a Vulcan for 15 minutes and make it 5fps faster so whats the big deal. I'm not saying no changes were made but the ones that were didnt equal all the hype. As for Matthews, please they've been sitting on their butts for years. I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted for that, but IMO Matthews is overhyped, overpriced garbage. Thats just my opinion so don't kill me on this all you Matthews fans. Shoot what you like.
YOu know I have to agree. I like hoyt and would like to see them keep innovating to keep bowtech in line. Competition is good. Mathews on the other hand really is not doing anything new. Same old single cam, changing BH, and limb construction, and wieght. It seems to be working for them now. But if I was them, I would be thinking of the future.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Host of Hosts

if anything Bowtech has been sitting on there butts well since they came out
That is just ignorant to say. Your just brand bashing. To say Bowtech has been sitting on their butts and Mathews and Hoyt have been busy with new technology is just plain wrong. Noone in the industry has had more inovations in the last 3 or 4 years than Bowtech. It's just a fact. Maybe you should read up a little before posting what you have obviously no clue about. Or that you just don't like the competition Bowtech has created for the industry.

You were right about getting jacked, because you already knew before you posted that your reply was ....well.... nonsense!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

YOu know I have to agree. I like hoyt and would like to see them keep innovating to keep bowtech in line. Competition is good. Mathews on the other hand really is not doing anything new. Same old single cam, changing BH, and limb construction, and wieght. It seems to be working for them now. But if I was them, I would be thinking of the future.
with the Solocam motto stuck next to their name, it's gonna be tough for mathews to change thier offerings. binary and hybrid cams are running the show nowadays. Mathew builds awesome shooting bows. Quiet, accurate and forgiving. They're target bows are just tough to beat. But they have been "caught", and they may have to bit thier tongue and jump to a true hybrid type cam to renew their top seed on the industry.

Hoyt will be fine. Give their new bows a shot. They took "very good", and made it "very dam good". No need to innovate or mess with something that works so well.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

if anything Bowtech has been sitting on there butts well since they came out
That is just ignorant to say. Your just brand bashing. To say Bowtech has been sitting on their butts and Mathews and Hoyt have been busy with new technology is just plain wrong. Noone in the industry has had more inovations in the last 3 or 4 years than Bowtech. It's just a fact. Maybe you should read up a little before posting what you have obviously no clue about. Or that you just don't like the competition Bowtech has created for the industry.

You were right about getting jacked, because you already knew before you posted that your reply was ....well.... nonsense!
LOL!!!!!!!! WHO SAYS THAT BOWTECH WAS GOOD??? WHAT REVIEW SAYS THAT??? TELL ME I WHAT TO KNOW!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Host of Hosts

LOL!!!!!!!! WHO SAYS THAT BOWTECH WAS GOOD??? WHAT REVIEW SAYS THAT??? TELL ME I WHAT TO KNOW!!!!!!

ummmm... maybe try your question again, but this time in english.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Host of Hosts

I got my bow when i was 13 and i am still shooting it i am now 15 i shoot a hoyt v-tec

if i was you i would just save my $$$ and get a hoyt i am not just saying this this is a fact i could have got any bow i looked at the facts hoyt are the best by far
they are not to bad if i was you i would get a hoyt tho

Never mind I think I'm seeing a pattern here. 15 years old and already so full of knowledge. Congratulations! I guess I should have never switched from Hoyt's to Bowtechs... my mistake![&:]

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bow-Reviews/compound-bows-statistics-summary.htm