Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ameristep Bully Ground Blind??

Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ameristep Bully Ground Blind??

I'm late in asking thissince I bought it last night, found it on sale but I'd still like to have some feedback. I set it up last night, seemed ok other than the loud velcro mesh windows. Anybody used this one? Good or Bad?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ameristep Bully Ground Blind??

This is the first that I heard of this model. It seem like a standard hub-style blind but with the mesh outercovering. I have owned several Ameristep blinds in the past and have had success in them. I do like the mesh outercovering as it tends to allow the blind to blend into the environment a bit better. The distance across the center of the blind (hub section) is 70 inches which should be large enough for even a long-draw archer like myself to use.

At the $150 price point I think it is good buy but would also be interested in hearing what other users have to say.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

This is the first that I heard of this model. It seem like a standard hub-style blind but with the mesh outercovering. I have owned several Ameristep blinds in the past and have had success in them. I do like the mesh outercovering as it tends to allow the blind to blend into the environment a bit better. The distance across the center of the blind (hub section) is 70 inches which should be large enough for even a long-draw archer like myself to use.

At the $150 price point I think it is good buy but would also be interested in hearing what other users have to say.
I found it on sale for $100 at BPS, thought I'd take a chance. Question: Do you shoot through the mesh like they say can be done or just remove the windows? I'd think the decision would have to made before the moment of truth b/c that velcro is LOUD
Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I typically leave the windows open on one side of the blind but might leave the mesh in the windows to the left and to the right...just for additional viewing area. I have shot through the mesh in the past but since switching to expandables I have opted not to.