Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick or Crimson Talon?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Slick Trick or Crimson Talon?

Hey guys,

Im heading to Illinois the first of November and contemplating if im going to use the st magnum 100 or ct xt100. Just got my slick tricks in today and they look like a solid head, very thick sharp blades. My buddies use the c. talons and swear by them, but i see alot of you guys like the s. trick so wondering which you guys would prefer for shooting at them big bodied deer in Illinois? Going to shoot the s. tricks this afternoon and see if i can't find a doe to try em out on. I was going to use the rage head but i just don't have enough confidence in mechanicals.

Chris
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Slick Trick or Crimson Talon?

I wouldn't give you a nickle for a crimson tallon. I can literally pull onestraightout of the pack and run my finger down the blades with no fear what so ever of cutting myself.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good call bigbulls, Slicks all the way!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally switched from the ST's to the CT's. If the shot is perfect, they both are great. If the shot is a bit off, you will be happier w/ the outcome w/ the Talons.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:37 PM

I've shot 2 does this season with Slick Tricks, and both haven't made it more then 40 yards from my stand. In fact the 1 I shot last night didn't get further then 10 yards from my stand, shot to drop. Big holes, and great flight. Great combination, just ordered 3 more heads today....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
BFR
Spike

Three weeks ago I shot a doehigh in the shoulder with a slick trick and dropped her on the spot. It went through the shoulder blade and lodgedin the bottom of the spine. My arrow broke in three pieces, but when I found the broadhead, it was in perfect condition, but a little dull. I don't think many heads can hold up like that. Shot 5 or 6 deer with slick tricks and I'm impressed every time. Four blades make a wicked hole. It's a winner.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sunday..I shot s doe with the Crimson Talons..Blew right thru her....oo and did I mentions I am in Illinois!

What part are u hunting???
Old 10-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Hunting in Cass County Nov 9-15. Think we'll get there at the perfect time, hoping so anyway. I shot the slick trick this afternoon and they fly really good, shot the same as my field tips. From what im taking both heads sound like they are good choices but i did notice the slicks seem to be much sharper, very sharp actually so that is a plus.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 AM

Crimson talon xt all the way!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are both great... you can't go wrong with either. I have been successful w/ both.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick or Crimson Talon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.