Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Bowmender press lives again!!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Bowmender press lives again!!

Guys, I thought I'd pass along some really fantastic news for those in the market for a bow press... Many of us old-timers have a press manufactured by Walks With A Gimp called the Bowmender; it was and is a fantastic press, and actually places less stress on the limbs to press a bow than the act of actually drawing the bow.

Unfortunately, Russ (WWAG) hasn't had much time nor inclination over the last few years to make these available to the public. I get asked about my press frequently when people see it. Until now, I've had to tell them they're basically out of luck in trying to find their own. It's extremely rare that anyone sells theirs after using one...

Enter a friend of mine, Dave Stephens, who has obtained permission to start making and selling them again!! He's calling his version the Limbbender, but in essence it's the exact same design. Bowtech Dave, or Limb Bender -- depending on which forum you know him from -- is selling these for $75 apiece (a steal!) and takes Paypal and money orders.

He doesn't even know I'm making this post; I just believe in the product after using it for several years. In fact, it's the only press I own and everyone knows how much I do to my own bows after all the instructional threads I've written.

Here's some more information from Dave from awebsite where Idiscovered he was selling these:

Well, after lots of correspondance with Walks with a Gimp (Russ), he has graciously allowed me to continue making the bow pressformally known as the Bowmender. I have only made a couple little design changes, mainly due to not having all the equipment neccessary to make the exact duplicate. No matter in my eyes, as I feel this press will be even more compact due to all the pieces laying flat for storage. I have seen this press do virtually every bow out there with the exception of the Guardian, but you don't need a press for it anyhow.

I have a couple different leg length presses just to experiment. Both have their benefits. If you would like either one of them let me know. I will ship either one to your door for $75 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48. If you are overseas and would like to purchase one please let me know the postal address and I will get the shipping for you. I do except PayPal or Money order.

This press has gotten a lot of rave reviews on many forums. Do a search for Bowmender and you can see what all the fuss is. This thing can be used to break a bowdown completely or just for replacing strings and cables. I have other presses, but I still use this one for over 90% of my bowmaintenance. I take it with me when I go hunting and do not hesitate pulling it out when I need it.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Bowmender press lives again!!

Greg~~ Pictures?? What kinda press we talking here? Ratchet straps?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

That space you see up above is where the pics didn't load properly... I'll try again, or hopefully -- and even better -- Dave will be along to post some.

In the mean time, here's a pic of mine sitting on my workbench, to the right of my arrow cut-off saw; you can see how compact it is when in storage:

Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 AM

Thats just great.[:@] I just bought the Gritty press for $165.00. Its a bench style and not very portable nor is it a space saver but still a great press. Anywho, I gotta have one ofthese too. Thanks for the heads up Greg. Will be ordering.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Spike

Thanks Greg;I appreciate the post.

I am asking $75 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. I will deal with others as they arrive. My presses are a tad different than Walks', but perform the same. Here is a photo of one I have over at AT. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected].

Pleaseunderstand thatI only have about a couple ready to go at this time, as I am waiting on orders to put them together to ship. The turnaround time is pretty fast and will get faster as I get my process down.

Again thanks for the post and here is a picture. The one pictured has longer legs than the ones I am making now. I was trying something a little different.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Typical Buck

My good buddy, bloodcreek, made us a couple very similar to these a couple of years ago and they work great and are easy to use. I don't use mine right not because I have a Guardian, but I am sure I will someday use it again.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the heads up Greg. Just sent Dave an email to obtain one.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Spike

Rick,

Just sent you an email back with the info. Thanks for inquiring.

Dave
Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a link to a vivieo dave supplied me. Mine will be here this week.

http://media.putfile.com/Bow-Press-How-To
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is good news. I love my Bowmender.

Quick Reply: The Bowmender press lives again!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.