Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Bowmender press lives again!!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The Bowmender press lives again!!

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

It a wee bit tight when trying to route a string around a cam if you're replacing one, or needing to put a twist into it for peep alignment or something of that nature...
Greg, I had the Switchback of a friend of mine and I removed his string, reserved it in my string jig and reinstalled it with no problems. You just need to know your doing that ahead of time and position the press accordingly to remove the string, cables or whatnot.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Spike

Well, my hunt is coming to end this weekend. I'll be back from my trip by Monday. I have several presses that I am working on finishing. Some need holes still drilled, while others are in the paint and finish stage. I figure that the lead time would be about a week right now. I hope to get more completed and ready as time permits.

I want to thank everyone who has shown interest in this so far and I am sorry for the delayed response. I did manage to take a nice Missouri doe early in my hunt, but so far the bucks have eluded me.

For those of you that are still interested in a press please email me at [email protected] and I promise to return your calls and/or emails.

Greg, thanks for helping answer questions while I am away. I hope your season goes well!

Dave
Old 12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

It a wee bit tight when trying to route a string around a cam if you're replacing one, or needing to put a twist into it for peep alignment or something of that nature... but, as you mentioned -- for the price, convenience, and portability (I carried mine along to Colorado on my elk trip), I think it's well worth the minor inconvenience.

Plus, I've found that 99% of the time I use it, it's just so that I can relax the strings to install a peep or insert some serving material before re-serving.
Whats the price on one of these??

Mat
Old 12-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I payed $75.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Spike

That's right, $75 shipped in the lwr 48. Shoot me an email or PM if intersted. [email protected] I would be happy to anwer any questions you have.

Dave
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 AM

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it is turning out to be a very useful tool to have around the shop. I was able to remove my strings and cables to take some measurements - no problems. Helped a buddy of mine install a string peep. The only thing I changed on the press was to find some industrial hydraulic hose that just a little bit larger (I.D.) than was provided. The bolts have to be slid through this piece of rubber hose each time the press is mounted and removed from the bow, and they fit the bolt pretty tight.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Spike

Roskoe,glad you are using the press. I have to agree with you. I would love to find a slightly larger ID hose, but haven't found any yet. It is weird, some of my presses with the same bolts and hose are not tight at all. I guess it may be the batch of bolts/hose I get. Sorry for the snug fit. I am still looking.

Dave
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM

5/8" ID works great. I think it could even be 3/4" without any ill effects.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Spike

I thought about the 5/8" and almost used it, but I felt the press got a little sloppy from side to side when used. Maybe I need to find the right one. I am always looking for a way to build a better mouse trap. Let me know if youfind something better. Thanks, Dave