Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Guardian

Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech Guardian

I have a 06 Hoyt Trykon and have been looking at the new Bowtech Guardian. I haven't had a chance to shoot the new Guardian and was curious if it would be worth looking into. I shot a Tribute last year and it wassmooth. Just looking for some opinions on staying with the Trykon or buying a Guardian??????
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Guardian

You should really shoot any bow first before making a decision to buy it.
I will however tell you, you will not be wasting your time testing a Guardian.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Be warned! I was not even in the mood for a new bow and made the mistake of shooting one. Now I'm just waiting till 11/1 to see if they lighten it up or make any changes before I buy one.

Going to be a LONG 60 days!!!! Can't wait.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, just be sure to bring enough cash.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
bigcountry

I am planning on buying a guardian myself. I have been pulling 70# bows for over 20 years, and starting to have shoulder issues from other activities. Does anyone know what kinda drop in velocity/performance a 60lb guardian might get compared to a 70lb.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 95Harley

Be warned! I was not even in the mood for a new bow and made the mistake of shooting one. Now I'm just waiting till 11/1 to see if they lighten it up or make any changes before I buy one.

Going to be a LONG 60 days!!!! Can't wait.
I feel your pain. I was just going to the shop to get my son set up. We ended up walking out with a Tomkat for him and a Guardian for me! I wasn't planning on changing bows, but I am sure happy I did.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Does anyone know what kinda drop in velocity/performance a 60lb guardian might get compared to a 70lb.
Using the same arrow I would say 15 fps or there about. I can tell you the 60 # Guardian has enough umph as it is for a hunting bow. For 3D, some tinkering will keep an arrow pretty flat (tarjectory)out to 50 yards.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have two Guardians, one for 3-D and one for hunting. They are probably the best bows I have ever owned and I also have an Allegiance that I dearly love. One thing you might be advised of is that the Guardian tends to lose a little more speed with each inch of draw length reduction than most other bows. Normally, you lose about 10 fps per inch of draw length reduction. For example, if your new Guardian shoots 312 fps at 29", in theory in should shoot 292 at 27". I haven't seen one yet that will do that. Regardless, they are shockfree, quiet as a mouse, and very shootable. You will be very happy with a guardian.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing that I was worried about was the weight of the Guardian. I have no idea how heavy the trykon is but the guardian weieghs 4.2 lbs
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Just bought a Guardian today. Shot several bows including, Hoyt, several Bow Techs, PSE, but the Guardian felt the smoothest and just felt like it fit me the best. Very quiet and no vibration, plenty fast for me. I thought I really wanted the Hoyt till I shot the Guardian.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Guardian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.