Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BOW CASE

Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Default RE: BOW CASE

Hi everyone....I am picking this thread back up because I have a similar question. I just bought a Vulcan and really want to protect my investment with a high quality case. I have read a few things online, and it looks like the SKB cases are the way to go. Anyway, my question is what makes these cases so much more expensive???? Is the quality THAT much better or would my bow be just as protected in a Doskosport?? Thanks as always!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tommy_the_revelator

Hi everyone....I am picking this thread back up because I have a similar question. I just bought a Vulcan and really want to protect my investment with a high quality case. I have read a few things online, and it looks like the SKB cases are the way to go. Anyway, my question is what makes these cases so much more expensive???? Is the quality THAT much better or would my bow be just as protected in a Doskosport?? Thanks as always!
The cost difference is the SKB has metal latches, water proof seal, hard abs plastic outer shell and nicer interior. I have an SKB rifle case that I love but the SKB bow case will not carry my bow the way I want it too. I have the Doskosport 44 bow case. It holds my bow with fully loaded quiver, stabilizer and on the other side of the case I have 9 more arrows. I cut down the foam on the arrow side of the case to clear my quiver. I would not even be able to have a quiver on my bow with any adjustment of any other case from what I have seen. If you do not need a flight approved case: in my opinion I would go with the Doskosport case. I just looked at all the different bow cases at sportsmans this last weekend to see if anything better has came out that would hold my bow better and I found nothing.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:05 PM

UPDATE....

Thanks for the advice....it was right on!! I looked at the Dosko cases, and immediately was impressed with the Pro 44. Its sturdy, has a built in accessory box, holds a dozen arrows, and fits my Vulcan with the quiver attached...... Perfect Fit...

Thanks!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Good choice!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:05 AM
CRP

I've been through four different "cheaper" cases in the 15 years I've been bowhunting. Last year was the final string when my sights were damaged in transit to hunting camp. I finally broke down and bought an SKB parrallel limb case, it's not cheap, but if it lasts me for the next twenty years, it will be worth it, especially if my sights don't get damaged.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CRP

I've been through four different "cheaper" cases in the 15 years I've been bowhunting. Last year was the final string when my sights were damaged in transit to hunting camp. I finally broke down and bought an SKB parrallel limb case, it's not cheap, but if it lasts me for the next twenty years, it will be worth it, especially if my sights don't get damaged.
I would like the skb also but it doesn't hold a fully loaded bow plus more arrows on the other side. I check my case everytime I take my bow somewhere so I make sure it is in good condition.