Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker biscuit vs. drop away

Old 07-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker biscuit vs. drop away

Although I've never ever been a fan of the WB since i seen some arrow's a guy brought into the shop for repair after shooting it through a WB, But since then I've heard they're much inproved . I've used the Trophy Taker original and then changed to the Muzzy ,which in my opinion is one of the very best on the market today. But today I'm shooting the Qad Ultra Pro and have to agree that it also is a very good rest . If you go to a drop away such as one of these ,I'm sure you'll never look back . A full containment drop away is the way to go in my opinion.

nubo
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just setup a QAD UltraRest ProseriesLD on my bow and I am liking it very much. Zero fletching wear. Target rest groups and nice containment. Nice Rest
Old 07-28-2007, 08:37 AM

I have shot many styles of rests for many years. Fall aways have come a long ways. The WB is a great rest for hunting and keeping the arrow attached to the bow.Most target shooters that shoot 100 plus arrows a day shooting for X counts or 12 rings are not going to shoot the WB. I have had incredible broad head flight at very long range with properly set up fall away style rests. I would never take an 80 yard shot while bow hunting but when you can shoot a decent group with broad heads at longyardages it says something for the set up. I have only shot a few hundred arrows through a WB and found they where great at closer yardages.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:13 AM
cet

Well, I got a drop away rest for free so I replaced my whisker biscuit with it and was pissed when I got to CO last year and tried stalking on elk with nothing to hold my arrow on. I love the WB and switched back to it as soon as I got back from CO. I have killed a lot of deer with the WB and find no inaccuracies with it. ITs all about confidence in what you are shooting. Sitting in a tree second guessing your equipment will only give you an excuse if you miss?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 AM

I have a WB on my BT Equalizer and a QAD Ultra on my BT Tribute. I really like both but due to my short draw length of 26" I have lost a few FPS with the WB. Timing on quietness is always aconcern with a drop away rest but if you have a trusty pro shop or someone who knows their stuff go with it. Shoot both first if applicable and go with what YOU like. The WB is great because you can noc an arrow and go forth without a worry of sound or it falling off. Both are great but go with what you like. Best of luck.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:38 PM

Hey duckhunter, I used WB and I liked them until one hunt in late January is was cold out, then it rained, then the temp drop to like 7 degrees. I kept wipping the WB as much as I could. When a nice 8 pt. came walking by, I pulled back and the arrow went flying out of control. The WB froze on me. I now use a drop away rest and love them. No matter what the conditions are. With December & January hunting here in Michigan I can't afford anything freezing up on me.

FYI... hope this helps, good luck!