Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow sling

Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Bow sling

I would like to know if anyons uses a bow sling. I live in badland country and alot of stock hunting. I would like to get a sling do they work and are they handy or are they ,ore trouble then they are worth. I want to walk and not have to adjust my walking amd climbing. Do they stay close to the body also I don't want my sights to get bumped or have bow continently bouncing of my body. I hope you get the drift. How do they work. Pro's and con's.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Default RE: Bow sling

Last season I bought a primos sling and it is great for long trips to the stand. It is really easy to use and get your bow in/out of. If you are carrying a climber stand you may just want to carry it, but if you have a stand hung already it is a great accessory. Check it out on basspro or Cabela's website.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I agree with the post above in regards to using it for whitetail hunting. I used a Primos out here for two years while elk hunting and it worked well. I now strap it to my Timberhawk pack for the 3-5 mile hike in the dark thru the mountains.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 AM
neb
Typical Buck

RMA is your pack built for a bow to be carried or do you just attach it to pack with some strapes ect. The primos slingdoes seem to be a good one and the only one that gaurds cams and string. Seems to make sense but more stuff to take off and more stuff to keep track offf in the field.