Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazer 2" Vanes

Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Blazer 2" Vanes

Hello

I'm ready to purchase new arrows and have heard alot of good things about the Blazer vanes. My question is how do these vanes actually work or how do they actually help your arrows. I have a wisker buscuit and I here there good for the biscuit, but how do your actual arrows benefit from using Blazers?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 AM

Default RE: Blazer 2" Vanes

The concept is a more rigid vane that does not flap on release. And recovers quicker. Plus thier lighter weight gives better f.o.c.
I've been using blazers for a couple years and they are excellent.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best flecthing out there.... Very durable, and increase your accuracy and consistency....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are awesome;

Old 03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im switching to them this year, I have been useing the 2 inch quick spin speed hunters which have the same profile as the blazers. They have a high enough profile to steer the arrow and supposedly the steep leading edge creates a air pocket at the top of the fletch which makes them quieter.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM

I was skeptical of them at first, now I wouldn't shot anything else. They are a little taller than the average fletching, which gives them the stability for a shorter vane. I shoot long range and i like the tight trajectory at long range.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM

They are slightly taller than most vanes, and since they are short this creates a very steep incline. Bohning says that this sharp angle keeps the tip of the vane in clean air, and keeps it from cavitating....They explain it in terms of being similar to drafting in NASCAR.......

All I know for sure is THEY WORK......
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

And yes, they work well with a biscuit too!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

My arrows have never flown better than w/ the blazers. I just got another new 1/2 dozen fletched up w/ them.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

As you will already knowthey are a much smaller vane, comes invarious sizes, eg. 1.5",1.8" etc. They're built FORD tuff, and does not fold with serious abuse.
Being smaller in size, less drag is introduced and when fletched with L/R helical the stability of the arrow improves.
For guys who aren't using adrop away rest--you can actually get quite a bit of helical without the vanes touching the launcher arm. As against the same amount of degree of helical on a longer vane-- can cause some problems with vane contact with the rest.

Quick Reply: Blazer 2" Vanes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.