Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

broadhead choice

Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: broadhead choice

I was a die hard muzzy fan until I used the slick tricks 2years ago, what a hole,but last yearhad a problem getting them so I used those mx-4 from muzzy, unlike the tricks I had to tune my bow to them. I shot a 9 piont this year with them and the hole was awesome. Bottom line any broeadhead will do the trick if placed properly. The tricks are more durable than the mx-4 by far but the hole they create is pretty close. Myarrows will have either one on it. People will sayCut on contacts are better or chisel tips,or,mechs, I've bought them all and used most of them, slick tricks or mx-4 I've found to be the best out there for my setup. Best wishes
Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead choice

I'm sold on Slick Tricks....have to admit a little skeptical at first. Why? When I first saw them, they weren't gawdy, sleek, impressive looking like those on the shelf at WalMart. But I tried them and am very impressed with how they flew when practicing, with the resulting damage done to two mule deer....and the blood trail they left. As good as they were in the past,the ownerkeeps improving with new materials and better sharpness. It isreally agood product. But you won't know for sure until you get that shot, walk down and find your bloody arrow, and have that great feeling you get when you know "he's mine!" Ray