Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shot Bowtechs today , WOW..2007

Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Shot Bowtechs today , WOW..2007

Please bare with me .
First of all this may not have been my oportune time to try out a new bow .
But like any other stuborn Bow hunter , my wife went with me and cringed .
I guess it must have something to do with me getting my gall bladder out on Feb, 9th ???
Any ways I wont bore you anymore .
I went to a bow shop that actualy had 07 bows in stock .
I normally pull 67 lbs , but I had the bow tech ( no pun intended ) lower the pull weight to 57 lbs.
* first shot a 2007 Bowtech Tribute with no stablizer installed .Wow feltrealygood and almost no hand vibes . (smooth mods )
* Then noticed a 2007 Black Ice also set to 57 lbs with no stablizer .
I couldnt believe how smooth it pulled back time after time .
I did notice some very little hand vibration , Bow was noticably lighter .
* I coulnt believe he also had a 2007 Guardian on the rack so for $50 difference in price compared to the Tribute I had to try it .
The bow for me seemed to draw a little harder , Tech said it had the standard speed mods on it so it will pull a little harder .
I did have my fresh stitches on my mind and I didnt want to over do it .
I shot it a few times and I couldnt believe that there was just abought zero hand vibes even withoutastablizer installed .
The Guardian was also noticably quieter .
He told me it came in with the standard speed mods .( I didnt notice any Smooth mods listed for it in the pamphlet ?)
They order all there bows for some reason with smooth mods installed.
*Although I did not shoot the Allegiance 2007 he had there I did look it over . And yes I noticed on that bow the cam was very close to the limbs .
I mention to him abought the problem a few of you guys were having with this model . He said they have sold 3 or 4 Alliegiances 2007s and no problems were found or herd of yet ..
Now I,m chewing my finger nails off .
I want a new bow , but I,m trying to keep the cost realistic .
For me the smooth draw of the Black Ice was great , But I liked the fealing of the shot in the Tribute .
Black Ice , $649. Tribute ,$699. , Guardian ,$749.
Grrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,, What should I do ?? Please no buy both suggestions ...

Old 02-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot Bowtechs today , WOW..2007

There are no mod choices available for the Guardian.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:43 PM

Thanks , Greg/ MO... tHATS WHAT i thought also , after I went home and read over the specs on each bow .[8D]
Old 02-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Was the guardian You shot close to your draw length. I noticed the stiff draw that stacked up too. That was with a 29". When I shot a 27.5 it didnt feel nearly as bad because it fit me. Still the stiffest draw out of the bows you listed though. Would be nice if there was a smooth mod option available for the guardian.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Any thoughts or ideas why Bowtech DONT offer the smooth mods for the new Guardian ???
Old 02-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 4TRACKS

Any thoughts or ideas why Bowtech DONT offer the smooth mods for the new Guardian ???
How else are you going to "up" them for the 2008 model .

My guess is they wanted to obtain the bowtech "speed" and the only way to do so was to increase the amount of energy (stack sooner) stored in the cam to keep the IBO equal to the Tribute.
With new risers & cams I'm sure they had enough "new" items to deal with for now.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

4Tracks, go back and shoot the Allegiance it is quieter than the Tribute, smoother than the Guardian and faster than all of them.I tried all of those you listed and bought the Ally, try it you'll like it.I am.

Paul
Old 02-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Each has it's own quirks. Depends on what trips your trigger. I owned the Black Ice. I shot the Tribute, Ally, & Guardian. I personally liked theshorter ATA& parallel limbs of the Tribute, & chose that one. The BI had an extremely smooth draw, but a little slower. The guardianhad a harder draw. See what u like the most from ea1,& go with it.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tough call. I don't really think you could go wrong with any of them. If you want the absolute "latest and greatest" then the Guardian is the only bow that is going to satisfy that desire. The Black Ice and Tribute use almost identical platforms. The only difference is in the cam design and the subsequent speed and enery storage capabilities.

I have not received my Commander in yet but I look forward to comparing it directly with my Black Ice in terms of shot feel, speed, etc... If money is the primary issue then the Black Ice should get the nod as you have it listed a bit less than the others. If the $50 to $100 isn't that big of a deal then get the Guardian.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:22 PM

I shot them all this weekend and came up with the same observations as you did 4Tracks. I did notice that the Ally had the most hand shock or buzz, but "the most" is a relative term and is still very little. I am in the same boat as you...ready to order, but having a hard time deciding.