Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow for my girlfriend??

Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow for my girlfriend??

I started out at 35lbs and moved up now to 50 lbs. If she not use to using those muscles it best to start small and move up. Also then she dooesn't have to worry about injuring herself. I ended up not hunting a season because everytime I pulled my string back it hurt and that was at 35 lbs. So good advise YooperMike and there is many bows out there that allow you to grow with them, that's really nice.

I would also like to know where I can get me one of theses boyfriends that buy there girlfriend hunting equipment?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Whatever you end up with make sure that she's the one that gets to pick it out. She'll be more vested that way and want to use it more. I like my girlfriend's Parker Micro Phoenix but there are great women/youth bows being offered these days by just about every manufacturer.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

Whatever you end up with make sure that she's the one that gets to pick it out. She'll be more vested that way and want to use it more. I like my girlfriend's Parker Micro Phoenix but there are great women/youth bows being offered these days by just about every manufacturer.
Very good advise. Let her pick it out! Its fun to shop for them. My wife shot a bunch of different ones. It made her feel like a real customer, not just some girl that is getting a bow. Now she is shooting as good as most of the guys, so she is a real shooter!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

AMEN! Let HER pick it out! My old bowtech always asked me which bow he should get for his wife that year. One year she was sitting next to me when he asked that. I looked at her, made a funny face and said, "She's sitting right there. Why don't you ask HER?"
Old 01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

As all have said above She needs to get out there and try them all. Each bow draws so different. One bow she might be able to pull 35# another 40#. She needs to hold and draw them. When we were shopping we didnt ask to see a particular name brand we just asked to shoot what ever they had in about a 40# dw and around a 26"-27" DL. Well after all was said and done she liked the Hoyt Selena. very comfortable to hold, smooth draw all the things they say about it. After all that shopping we got a real education and not to mention she let me buy the new Hoyt Vectrix WHAT A BOW !!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:34 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

The Browning company make a good bow the females and young adults. You can't go wrong for the price. My wife LOVES her Browning.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:20 AM

I have a Bowtech Equalizer.. When I wear this one out I will be getting the XT-only because my BF XT is a hell of alot quieter then mine..
Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 PM

Javabird17,
No disrespect but there's no way the XT is quieter than the Equalizer. Either your arrows are too light or something needs to be tightened down. I've shot next to all the Mathews with my Equalizer and each time they asked me if I've shot already.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the help!