Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rumor about Gold Tip Arrow Co.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rumor about Gold Tip Arrow Co.

I knew thay were moveing into a new Building and were having Delays, I had no idea thay were being made in Mexico. I was just fixing to pick up another Dozen, but now I think I'll see how many Mexicans Buy them!!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: speedcam

the other wouldn't have been Patriot would it?

speed
Yep, it was. They were the best arrows I had ever shot and made in Mexico just over the border. I have a few of them left and sure wish they were still around. After they went out of business I started shooting Super Carbon Supremes from Parker, and then they stopped making them last year; but I found a couple dozen shafts of those to stash.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

I see there is a new arrow company that showed up at the ATA show. They say they are made in the USA and have been making arrows for other companies for years:

http://victoryarchery.com/default.aspx
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 AM

I followed the link to Victory, but the dealer search didn't produce any results. Any idea about where to purchase their product?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Nope. Probably need to call them. They have a number in their contact us link.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Victory Archery line of arrows has just launched their arrows at the ATA Show.
They are now discussing contracts with distributors and dealers and may not be on the shelves until sometime in February (late).
I was fortunate to get a dozen as a sample and have shot them indoors, they fly well with broadheads and field points. Have not tested them outdoors or with expandabales as yet.
I think Gold Tip will now have to get their act together as they could very well loose market share--the Victory is quite a good arrow, will be very competitively priced and most of all, they will be able to SUPPLY the product!
Old 01-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Now that I've learned that GT has moved its operations to Mexico I WILLNOT be puchasing their product. They may still be a great arrow but I am sick of corporate greed. I am an American worker that is sick of our jobs being shipped to other countries. I urge everyone to buy American.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: scotty51

Now that I've learned that GT has moved its operations to Mexico I WILLNOT be puchasing their product. They may still be a great arrow but I am sick of corporate greed. I am an American worker that is sick of our jobs being shipped to other countries. I urge everyone to buy American.
Good luck with that. I just don't like being hung out to dry and I don't really care where their from. From where I'm sitting GT hung me out. I've moved on.