Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rumor about Gold Tip Arrow Co.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rumor about Gold Tip Arrow Co.

I've been shooting GT's for several years but now the shop I use has a hard time getting them. Thinking of trying the carbon techs for my next batch but that may be a while. The GT's are very durable and still in good shape. Don't know about the newer GT's.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a bulletin on Hunter's Friend if you try to order some Gold Tips from them. It doesn't say when exactly they posted this:

NOTE: All Gold Tip & Blackhawk arrows are on backorder for at least another 6-8 weeks while Gold Tip moves into their new manufacturing facility and resumes production. In spite of our efforts to maintain stock-levels, our pro-shop is now very low or out-of-stock on all Gold Tip & Blackhawk part numbers.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 PM

snood...... that was about 2 months ago..... they have finally started getting them back on the way. there are a couple that are still taking alittle bit but everyone should be getting back to normal shortly. if you guys need something let me know. i just got about 20 dozen shaft in... i can see what i got for you...

speed

Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gold Tip moved their production facility to Mexico and later had problems with the owners of the building the plant was operating out of. The next thing that happen was Gold Tip got locked out of the plant for four months, during which time their equipment was partly used to produce counterfiet GT arrows.
Durind those four months GT reengineered their inserts and improved on the design of their arrows. They are now back in operation andworking as studiously to supply the demand.
They are very much still in business!
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

Gold Tip moved their production facility to Mexico and later had problems with the owners of the building the plant was operating out of. The next thing that happen was Gold Tip got locked out of the plant for four months, during which time their equipment was partly used to produce counterfiet GT arrows.
Durind those four months GT reengineered their inserts and improved on the design of their arrows. They are now back in operation andworking as studiously to supply the demand.
So...

Were these "fake" GT arrows sold in the US and were they marked at GT? If so, how does someone know if they have them?
Old 01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Snood Slapper

So...

Were these "fake" GT arrows sold in the US and were they marked at GT? If so, how does someone know if they have them?
Simple fix. Don't buy them.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Snood Slapper

So...

from my understanding of these "fakes" they were for the most part being sold on E-bay. they were ectremely cheap ( about 35-55 per dozen at last check) the stamp was not complete on some while others were not stamped. they were also completely out of specs and were being reported as splintering on shooting. i have not seen them with my own two eyes but have seen lots of reports.....

speed

Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

So...

What was mentioned during the involuntary plant closure and stand off that ensued for four months between the owner of the Mexican productionplant with its tenants--GoldTip was locked out of the facility. The release also continued to say that the building owner allegedly first tried to sell the company's equipment, then used it toproduce a limited number of shafts for sale and GTconfirmed that they do have some counterfeit shafts out there.
How can you identify those shafts--I honestly don't know--neither do I know where the shafts were sold.
Maybe if you contact Gold Tip (801) 229-1666 or www.goldtip.com they maybe able to answer your questions.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Wow...this is the first I've head of all this. I quit shooting GT's a couple years back, but both arrow companies I've been using have went out of production recently. Luckily, I bought a few dozen of the last ones I liked and stashed them when I heard they were ceasing production; now I'm really glad I did that because I was getting ready to go back to GT if all else failed.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 PM

the other wouldn't have been Patriot would it?

speed

Quick Reply: rumor about Gold Tip Arrow Co.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.