Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Fred Bear Code / Element

Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Fred Bear Code / Element

Has anyone shot either of these bows? If so what did you think about them?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Fred Bear Code / Element

not shot myself but i've heard alot of good bang for the buck reviews on the elements.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:43 PM

My son and I both tried a Fred Bear Element last week and were pretty favorable impressed. One of the best bows for the money I have ever tried.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:01 PM

My friend I hunt with hasthe elementand he loves it. I have not actually shot it, but I was very impressed its super quit and very acurate.It was going to be my next bow.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:39 PM

What are people saying about the Instinct?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: jaymac

What are people saying about the Instinct?
Fast, short, quiet, smooth and virtually no hand shock at all. IMO its a dream come true. It was ranked number 3 out of 7 of the top bows on the market.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I have been shooting a recurve for last 10 years, and decided to go back to compound. I shot several high end bows, pricey!! I picked up and shot all three of the code, element, instinct series and they all performed well. Well, I took the bow out this morning first time since purchased the bow, and harvested a nice whitetail. I know I have been shooting a slower bow (recurve), but man was that fast and my god quiet. I blew thru a rib, both lungs and the rib on the other side. And the bow is light, helps when dragging the deer out.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fishstix

Well, I have been shooting a recurve for last 10 years, and decided to go back to compound. I shot several high end bows, pricey!! I picked up and shot all three of the code, element, instinct series and they all performed well. Well, I took the bow out this morning first time since purchased the bow, and harvested a nice whitetail. I know I have been shooting a slower bow (recurve), but man was that fast and my god quiet. I blew thru a rib, both lungs and the rib on the other side. And the bow is light, helps when dragging the deer out.
Congrats!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have not shot these bows but, have been using a Bear compound for years now and if I was to get a new I would be happy with a new Bear bow. They might be cheaper than alot of bows in price but, with the good luck I have enjoyed I would have no reason to change.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:20 PM

Where was the Instinct ranked 3 out of top 7? In a magazine or where? It seems I'm drawn to their line, price-point, etc. But find myself backing away from it when the local bow shops start talking about the Bear line. They're saying cheaper materials and not going to be happy.

Quick Reply: Fred Bear Code / Element

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.