Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

Old 12-28-2006, 01:49 PM

Default RE: SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

I have some swamp land in Florida if anyone is interested?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

I have some swamp land in Florida if anyone is interested?
I hate to tell you but here that's a good thing.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that Scent-Lok is more effective.
I am a Scent-Lok distributor and know from testing that Scent-Lok's amount ofadsorbancy is greater in terms of time between reactivations and the type of carbon used.
Keep in mind that Scent-Lok liscenses ScentBlocker.
I have been wearing Scent-Lok for 10 years and never been busted.No kidding. I never worry about swirling winds.
I have both systems and use both in addition to the BaseSlayers. the camo duds are more convienent but if you already have a bucket of camo start with the liner. AND WEAR THE HEADCOVER...OR YOU MIGHT AS WELL NOT WEAR IT AT ALL.
Also make sure when you activate your suit that you wipe out the clothes dryer w/ a scent killer and clean out the lint screen before hand. Store the suit in a scent-lok duffel or storage bag and place that in a plastic bag. If you don't the Scent-Lok will adsorb any airborn odor and use up the available carbon. This will make it necessary to reactivate sooner.
You will never know if the suit is not effective til you get busted and that's the wrong time.
I will be glad to answer any questions on use any time.

I'm not saying Scent blocker in no good ...I just know HOW good Scent-Lok is.
Once you try it it will change the way you hunt...guaranteed.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:20 PM

Hey, I see suggested to spray a suit with fall blend.
THATS A BIG NO-NO. The suit will suck up the scent and use the available carbon.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wear what you want, if a deer is down-wind of you're scent, it will smell you. Anyone who says different either doesn't know when they are being winded, are lying, or don't hunt much. Depending on where you are hunting (pressure related), the deer will act differently.

If there was a way that I could be 100% scent-free, believe me, I'd be using it, and killing way more big bucks because of it!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 AM

i wonder what debate will go down in history as the most argued, the best bow or scentlok versus scentblocker? nomatter what you choose nothing keeps you 100% scent free, i use scentlok personally because the garments are more durable and last longer but you still need to mind the weather, hunt the wind first and mask your scent with whatever you can and remember when using any scent control clothing you need to layer them to be most effective
Old 12-30-2006, 11:00 AM

No, You may never be 100% scent-free. your boots, fanny pack ,bow and everything else you use needs to be considered. I can only tell you what I have expierenced over the last 10 years and thousands of hours in a stand. If you wear the headcover,don't contaminate the suit or wear it in the truck on the way to your spot,( dress after u get there.)wear scent-lok gloves too , you won't get busted. Period.I see scent killer ads saying they kill 99% of all REPLICATED human odor , and I use Scent Killer on my boots and equipment but how can a spray of ANY kind penetrate every fiber of all your clothing?
I'm not telling you you won't kill deer if you don't use a Scent-Lok suit, that would be just stupid. But I can tell you before I used them I got busted ,and I was very careful about my scent and the wind.
I will say this...Many of the major retailers offer a 90 return policy. Get a suit and try it and if you aren't convinced return it.
Just follow my activation and storage procedures and make up your own mind.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

"You won't get busted, period"..... I could tag 2 or 3 B&C's a year if that were the case!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:37 AM

If u have that class of bucks maybe u could.
They have to be up and walking around during shooting light.
Don't knock it until u try it.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

"You won't get busted, period"..... I could tag 2 or 3 B&C's a year if that were the case!
That many and more deer bust you? The suit may not help.

Quick Reply: SCENT-LOK VS SCENTBLOCKER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.