Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pendulum sights

Old 11-21-2006, 03:20 AM

Default Pendulum sights

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried a pendulum sight. One brand once sighted in claims to be "Dead-on" from right beneath your tree out to 30 yds. I was just wondering the pros and cons of the system. Thanks for the help
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Pendulum sights

I used an impact site and I love it. I lock it down for regular shooting then when I go up I release and it works great out to 45 yards.
Koz
Old 11-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Keller Pendulum and have had no problems or isses with it in the past 5 years that I've used it. It has compensated cleanly from 10 yards out to 30 yards and even further while shooting the target. It too has the option of locking it down for ground shooting, but I've never tried it.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:08 PM

Like every other accessory, they have good and bad points. If the majority of your shooting is from a treestand and you average the same height, then they are great and will all usually be on out to 30 - 35 yards. But if you like to switch it up and practice more from the ground and change up yardage. then they have a down side. The only major issue I have ever seen is that you need to make certain they stay clean. If you get dust, or dirt into the swivel portion, they can stick some and you may not notice it. I have also had a issue when we had a big rain and I stayed on stand. Water had gotten into the sight and caused it to hang up a little. But these are kinda minor and rare.