Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

any thoughts on Diamond Archery?

Old 11-08-2006, 12:00 AM

Default any thoughts on Diamond Archery?

Hey all I am currently thinking of buying a new bow and I am looking at the Diamond Line of bows possibly the Liberty or I might hold out until the Black Ice comes out. Anyways does anyone have any good/bad about Diamond as a manufacturer and their bows? Im kindof new to them any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any thoughts on Diamond Archery?

I have been shooting a Diamond Victory for just over a year and I love this bow. Smooth, quiet, fast,and accurate. What more could I ask for?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Diamond is a subsidary company of Bowtech and offers the same great customer support that Bowtech does. They offer a LIFETIME warranty on all of their bows, and all of their bows are manufactured and assembled in the united states.

The past couple of weeks I have been working with Diamond / Bowtech and their customer service and employees are excellent. They were all very friendly and eager to help.

I strongly suggest you hold out for the Black Ice as it is as nice a bow as you can find. It has everything you want in a bow speed, accuracy, quiet, lightweight. But just like everyone else says on here you'll need to shoot it before you buy it. Below is the Black Ice thread and review I have written:

Forum Thread
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1764757

Review
http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/articles.aspx?articles_id=517
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Diamond Victory. After having a hoyt and golden eagle and a bear, I would by another Diamond for sure! It is an excellent bow,
DW
Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a Diamond Victory myself. My previous bow was a Proline Mountain Bow. I got it new in 96'

I've taken almost 2 dozen deer with it and thought I shot it pretty good.

Man was I in for a surprize. This Diamond shoots.

I could not believe the difference 10 years made in archery.

I really like this Victory. It shoots incredibly tight groups. I'm shooting groups at 40yds. that are almost as tight as groups I got with my old bow at 20. I dare not shoot more than one arrow at a 20 yd. target with it. It shoots that well.

There is no handshock and this bow is really quiet. I can actually hear the arrows fly.

I'm impressed with this bow and highly reccomend anthing from the Diamond line.

If you are new to archery, you might not appreciate this bow as much. If you have and older bow and have been shooting it,you will understand what I am talking about.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Fork Horn

i shot every bow at the store (under $550)before buying mine it felt the best and all of there bows seem to be very well rounded. id really really recomend one of there bows. best and most bow for the money hands down. it doesnt hurt (except in my wallet) that i tubed two arrow the first day i sighted it in and havent been able to shoot two arrow at the same target any closer then 30yrds without touching them.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned/worked on many Diamond bows since they became a part of Bowtech a few years back. Excellent bows in my opinion both in terms of design and construction. It really is possible to get a top of the line bow for a hundred or two less than what some other companies sell their flagship bows for.

I plan on waiting and getting the Black Ice once it debuts but I have been very happy with my Triumph and Justice for the last two seasons.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:05 AM

I too have a Diamond Victory. I love it, its quiet, smooth, fast, lightweight, the list goes on. After owning a few other bows, I would definitely stick with Diamond. They also have great customer service. I think as ryanaller said, it may be worth waiting for the Black Ice, as it is supposed to be an awesome bow. I don't think you could go wrong with it or the Victory, or the Liberty.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

The Black Ice lives up to the hype. I was shooting it yesterday and all I was hearing while I shot was the arrow whizzing through the air. It is really a great bow and shoots excellent!