Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf treestands

Old 11-07-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Lone Wolf treestands

Are these stands worth the extra money. I really like the way they are put together but you could have $500 bucks in one.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lone Wolf treestands

I bought a Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb this spring and paid $300.00 for it.
I bought it at the Deer and Turkey Classic from Andrae himself. ( the inventor of this stand) I think if you have to pay $500 bucks, I would keep looking because you can get this stand alot cheaper than that! Even on Ebay! You should be able to pick up the sit-n-climb for around $300-$360 dollars easily. Check out there website @ www.lonewolfstands.com
Anyways back to your question. I think its worth the money, its light weight to pack in and out of the woods, it folds very compact (about 3 inches), its absolutley quiet and its a breeze to set up and take down in the wood in the dark. Its also very stable when your set up in the tree.
As far as being comfortable, I would rate it 7-8 on a 1 to 10 scale. If your a bigger person, say over 250lbs. it maybe less comfortable with heavier clothes on. Remember these are my opinions based on the Sit-n-Climb. I have not had the oppertunity to hunt out of any other Lone Wolf stands, but based on people that I know, they are very satisfied with them. If you have any other Questions you can PM me. Good Luck with whatever stand you choose!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would not pay that kind of money, when I could have a Summit for Half of that!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

After 30 years of bowhunting I wish I had just bought it right off the bat. I just bought mine this year and love it. I use the alpha hangon and lone wolf sticks. Itake my stand in and out of the woods with me each day. The setup is easy and no one can rip off my stand even though I only hunt private ground people still trespass. I never overhunt this way as Iam always on the move and I can hunt the wind. Climbers are too restrictive as they require a perfect tree and the hang on works virtually anywhere.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

www.chippewawedgeloc.com
Old 11-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have Lone Wolfs basic climber and I will admit they are a little pricey! But they are very quiet and easy to carry in and set up! Very light!!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

By far, the best stands out there. IMO they are worth the extra money. Light, silent, easy to set up, solid, reliable. I don't know what else you could ask for in a stand.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way I hunt now that I've been hunting using Lone Wolf stuff for the last 6 or 7 years, I would not be able to do using anyone elses stuff.

I hunt different sets almost everytime. I've got a cameraman with me, we bring in sticks and 2 hang on's and hang in trees most guys wouldn't even consider. Run & gun set's just produce. We've got footage of the stupidest set-ups ever, and getting away with murder! Can't imagine using anything else.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Nice Treestands. I have a hang on. Quick and simple setup, & of course very quiet. Even though there are a couple little things that could be designed a little better (IMO), they're still the best stands that I've used.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the hang on are the best you can get! Top notch!!!!

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf treestands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.