Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Broadheads

Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Muzzy Broadheads

I was a wal-mart last night an noticed that they have a lot of 3 pack Muzzy 100 and 125 grain 3 blade 1 3/16" cutting circlebroadheads on clearance for $5.00. Since I'm new to bowhunting I was wondering if Muzzy's were good broadheads.....the price seems good.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads

hell of a deal..... I would buy every pack I could get my hands on. I just bought the last marked down pack at my walmart for 13.00. Where I live, the marked down archery stuff is gone in one day. I was also able to pick up another release for 15.00. I saved about 40 .00 on the release. YEAH!!!

But Muzzy Broadheads are great and for that price, seriously, I would buy all they had.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heck yea thats a good deal , I use the Muzzy 100 gr. four blade 1 3/16 broadheaads.
I think they are great , when you pick them up could ya get me a couple of packs.
They are BAD to the BONE !
Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM

Well I'm back from wal-mart....I bought all the packages they had left. 5 packs of the 100 grain and 8 packs of the 125 grain. One question is there much difference between the 100 and the 125 grain broadheads. I have both deer and hog on my 15 acre hunting property. I guess I'll use the 125's on hog and the 100's on deer. But i assume that there is not much difference between the two. First time I shot a bow was about a month ago so I'm still praticing, I don't think I'm good enough to shoot at living craetures yet. On another note I saw that the bow I bought (fred bear omni pro pakage) was marked down to $150. I waiting onthe go ahead from the wife...I might have two bows tonight.

One last question, what type of arrows do you guys recommend? I purchased the 55-70 Cabela's carbon hunters.They were about $45 a dozen. Are there better arrows for about the same price?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 11-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I can only hope that the Walmart about a 1/4 of a mile away from me has the same deals when I go there tonight to buy some more dryer sheets. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 AM

i have shot muzzy broadheads for almost 5 years. they are as they say "bad to the bone". i shot a doe through both front shoulder and another doe head on and both shots took the animals out quickly and cleanly. i highly recommend muzzy broadheads.

hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

My wally world still have them at 11.00. I'll wait a few more weeks.

It's great that you got them all. You'll have no problem with those. There is no difference between 100 and 125 except the weight. 125 is heavier. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 AM

I have had extremely good performance from my muzzys. I shoot the 100 grain 4 blade. So far this season, I have harvesteda 5x5 bull elk and a whitetail doe. Both were one shot kills with them running about 60 yards after the shot. I'll check them out at my Wal-mart tomorrow...
Old 11-08-2006, 10:53 AM

they are a awsome broadhead,what a steal you got them at 33.00 for a 6 pack in these parts
Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Another thumbs up on the Muzzy from a long time mechanical shooter. I do sight in using the practice blades. I have also found the 100 grain models shoot better out of my setup. Personally I would pick a grain and stick with it. However, in theory, the 125 should take a larger arch to the target, but carry moreK.E.Best advice, practice on a target first, then go kill something and post the results here.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.