Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2007 Bow Line-up

Old 11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2007 Bow Line-up

Has any one heard anything about the new upcoming bows for mathews. I see Bow tech is coming out with the cammander and the Guardian..pretty sweet. and hoyt with 11 new bows..(but most look almost axactly like the trykon with little modifications)....Any imput would be great!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM

Default RE: 2007 Bow Line-up

ORIGINAL: solberg

Has any one heard anything about the new upcoming bows for mathews. I see Bow tech is coming out with the cammander and the Guardian..pretty sweet. and hoyt with 11 new bows..(but most look almost axactly like the trykon with little modifications)....Any imput would be great!
From what I hear, Mathews are typically later to release their new models.
The new Bowtechs look a little wierd to me, but looks are only 1% of the equation, the other 99% have to do with how the thing shoots.
And, regarding the new Hoyt bows, I dont know what you looked at, but most of the new models dont look much like the Trykon, save maybe the Vectrix, which looks mighty sexy.
Keep your eyes open, the 07' bow release rush is about to begin.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is Mathews better step up with something really good this year. Putting a few extra harmonic dampeners and changing the name is starting to get old. That bowtech Guardian is pretty neat looking and I am really wanting to shot that as soon as I can.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

introducing the Switchback RF with harmonic dampeners in the rest and strings oh yeah i am getting that sexy vectrix
Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Have any of you guys shot these whisper creek archery bows?I have seen videos of guys shooting these on another forum and it is very impressive. Oneshot7 knows what I am talking about.
http://www.whispercreekarchery.com/
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

i wanna shoot one but dont know where i can get one to shoot[:'(]but i think they have a dealer list on the website hch
Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think any company that releases its new products last risks to lose alot of sales from those rushing to order the new bows. If I ran a bow company I would want to have my stuff hit the market first when there are more people with money in their hands to spend. As days and weeks go by that money will gradually go to the competition showing new products. I think Mathews does make a great bow but as others have said I think they are falling behind quickly on innovation which will eventually hurt their sales as archery is very technology driven. Marketing is a definite strong point with Mathews but even the best marketing minds need something to work with. I think Bowtech truly hit one out of the park with the new Guardian/Commander design and I also think that Elite with all its startup problems as well as customer service and now quality control problems coming to light recently is headed down a slippery road.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

What boggles my mind is for 06' Mathews takes the 05' switchback and makes a similar model but a bit shorter that has limbs that are even more parallel at staticand beyond parallel at full draw, more brace height, a new and different cam to nearly maintain the same speed with more forgiving specs, and they get flack for releasing the same bow with more dampeners. Other companies also released a bow that was slightly shorter, beyond parallel at full draw, the same cam as their previous flagship model, butthat was viewed as being innovative probably because it was given a different name.........[8D]. What gives with that?

Honestly all the hunting bows are so similar these days that a bow from any of the major brands out there is going to do the same thing in the hands of a hunter. Some are faster, some are slower, some are quieter, some have less hand shock, some are easier to tune, etc................but when it is all boiled down they are all fantastic bows and are all so similar that 99.99999999% of people out there cannot shoot one better than any other if given proper tune and fit. People have brand loyalties, and that is great, but why make negative comments on other brands of equipment when they really are all fantastic bows?

With that said, Mathews has some cool stuff coming and word on the street is that it will be announced on 11/15.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

whatever Mathews did, the hand shock slightly increased in my opinion, as did a small amount of noise. Nota big deal, not not as nice as ut should have been
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 PM

HEY guys, i run the bow counter at sporting goods store in michigan, we are a mathews dealer. I talked to our mathews rep and he said the 2007 mathews bow will be released between nov15 and nov20 i have last years switchback and thought about getting the XT but didnt think there was enough change, the rep said i will be glad i didnt get the XT when the new bow is released, he says its totaly differnt, plus the mathews convertable rest is also ganna be changed, the romor that they came out with a sight is just that a rumor, but there may be something in the works dont the road...thanks guys and happy hunting