Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Any Feedback on Cabela's Super Slam Elite Fleece?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Any Feedback on Cabela's Super Slam Elite Fleece?

I'm still looking to replace my camo and I am "settling" on Cabela's Super Slam Elite fleece. Any comments on the quality, quietness, and durability would be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Any Feedback on Cabela's Super Slam Elite Fleece?

Nobody has used the Chuck Adams super slam fleece?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

I never tried the super slam elite fleece...but i did order the super slam silent tech fleece(which is like the baby brother of the elite) It was warm and it was quiet...but i was not impressed with the detail of the camo. I ordered mossy oak and it was very bland and didn't stand out. i also felt like i was wearingcamo pajamas. Now i don't know if it is like the elite fleece,but if it is i wouldn't recommend it.I returned them and tried the scentblocker roadseries fleece.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The Elite version may be a little heavier than what you had. This version is insulated and doesn't feal like "fleece pajamas".... YET. That's one of my concerns plus long term durability... these things are expensive. I have it in my possession and trying to decide whether to keep it. Not as quiet as I would like either.... customer service told me it was the Dry-Plus material causing the noise. They told me to order the "Silent Suede" instead.... that was even noiser and went right back... but it did seem more durable but I couldn't get past the large stand up collar on the jacket. The next version I may try is their Wooltimate outfits... that comes in outfitter camo and should be very durable.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:05 PM

I tried 3 or 4 different heavy sets of clothing last year from Cabelas and end up with the Super Slam Fleece with the Dryplus. I am very happy with it. Very quite and water,snow and wind proof. Where I hunt in late November it snows almost every day and usually does not get much above 0*F. Many hours of treestand hunting last year in the brutal cold. The only thing that got cold was my feet. I just bought a new pair of Cabelas boots so we will see what happens. Only downfall to the SuperSlam is I have a 45 minute walk to my stand and you get overheated fast. I did try the Cabelas wool with dryplusand was not happy.I tried there new lastyear MT 50 and it was very noisy walking through bryers in the cold.Good luck withit.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM

DRZAP... thank you... that's good info. I almost went with the MT-50 also but I didn't want a permenantly attached hood. Right now I have the Super Slam Elite in Hardwoods Gray and like it... but was concerned about it lasting over time. How is yours holding up after the first year?

As far as walking in I have the uninsulated pants. Also the jacket has two zippers under each arm(which they didn't list in the catalog)about a foot long for ventilation... I just don't know if after time that will leak cold air when on stand... shouldn't be a big problem being it is on the underside.
Based on your input Ill give this one a try. Thanks again.