Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Glenns Deer Handle

Old 10-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glenns Deer Handle

I won one of these a couple of years ago and just tried it out today for the first time. It had been under my truck seat the whole time.

I hooked it onto the doe and as soon as I started to pull the handle broke into. The wood completely crumbled like sawdust. Only the rubber coating held it together. It would be a help if it hadn't broke. The handle should be made of a hard plastic or something. I give it a thumbs down. [:@]
Old 10-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glenns Deer Handle

Maybe its weathered from the summer heat or something. I have one carry it in my pack. Used it on numerous deer. Never had it any problems with it at all. It has been very handy tool. Thumbs up from me.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I got one as a gift and used it the first time today on a doe. Worked pretty good. Still kicked my butt, but not as badly. Man, every year I start feeling the age when I have to drag my deer...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

What a gimmick; a rope with a stick. Been using my own homemade for years. Oh I am just pissed that I didn't think of the pet rock either.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol im with HCH...thats the way i was taught to drag deer when im not lucky enough to kill one close to fields or farmer roads i have permission to drive on. when theres 2 of us we get a big long stick and both grab an end and walk. hope i never get old!! i know guys that wont hunt where i do because they wont drag one out of there!

an older wiser hunter that took me on the hunt i killed my first deer told me if ever possible whenever possible walk uphill so the drag is downhill...i need to start following that for when i get old! lol. till then ill sweat and muscle them up the mountains! lol
Old 11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Spike

Used mine four times already this year ( 2 buck and 2 doe). I find that it made the drag much easier than just a heavy belt or rope. With two men pulling it made it extremely easy. Hoisting the deer up into the back of the truck is also made easier.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

HEYGUYS!!! LISTEN UP!!!! Ted Nugent said to buy it and use it because it will help you kill more deer. You know that if is is " Ted tested and Ted approved, it WILL make you a better hunter!!! NOW BUY ONE AND QUIT WHINING!!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:33 AM

they are junk
Old 11-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Proff

HEY GUYS!!! LISTEN UP!!!! Ted Nugent said to buy it and use it because it will help you kill more deer. You know that if is is " Ted tested and Ted approved, it WILL make you a better hunter!!! NOW BUY ONE AND QUIT WHINING!!!!
sponsors pay the bills so you can have a t.v. show. doesnt mean you have to use it .
Old 11-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Using a limb saw, I cut down a 2"thick sapling,then cut a 18" pieceout of it,and tie my drag rope to that. That way you have a stout piece of wood that you can place both hands onto while dragging out your deer. That has worked well for me for many years.

Quick Reply: Glenns Deer Handle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.