Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talons

Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Crimson Talons

Anyone here shoot these broadheads? I have spoken to a couple of friends who swear by them and insist that even if you make a "bad" hit with these, your recovery success is much better because of the spiral cut blades w/ the 3 bleeder blades.
Any thoughts/opinions? Criticisms? Likes or dislikes?

Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Crimson Talons

My buddy shot them last year. He had nothing but problems with them. The blades are extremely fragile and would break when they were pulled out of the target.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

The bladesI hear are junk! Unless you like gutting a deer with broken blades still in it? The spiral curved blades mean nothing!....but worse penetration. Don't let them feed you full of it.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I shot these for 2 years and had some issues with them. They are great right out of the box but as JonnyNov indicated the blades are pretty fragile leaving them a one shot blade. For spending $30 for 3 heads I personally want more use out of my broadheads. There is nothing technically wrong with them if you are comfortable changing the blades after a shot on a animal and not using them to practice with.

I personally would stick with a Muzzy, Montec, or Slick Trick.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

Or stinger!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 PM

I've never used the fixed blade but I have used the expandable black mamba and I'll never use them again cost me 2 deer One really nice 10 pointer too.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

I shot them the first year thay came out, the wound was horrific and the deer dropped within 20 yards. The blades were too thin and bent easily even when placingthem in the quiver. This year theymade the blades stronger and I'm using them again.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shot a buck last night... Pretty good hit... he went 50-60 yards and piled up...
Devastating wound!
Tons of blood.
I'm sold.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

5shots test on them this year said they were much improved over earlier models. Apparently they got wind of the blade problem and took care of it.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:58 AM

My brother is using them this year. They fly VERY well. From what I understand, they first came out with those thin "flexible" blades designed to fold and bend around bone, then straighten up again to continue cutting flesh. Didn't work out as planned though. Weak blades didn't last and they promptly switched blades to something more sturdy.

Quick Reply: Crimson Talons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.