Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

peeps

Old 10-20-2006, 06:36 AM

Default RE: peeps

I have the smaller one, good for accuracy, but man is it difficult sometimes to see in low light.

Therefore, last night I went out and bought the 1/4" verison.

Should help a bit withthose early morning and late afternoon "darker" hours.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

Ever tried to shoot without a peep at all? I thought it was a crazy idea at first, but have been doing so for several years and really like it. Eliminates low light and other problems that folks seem to have with a peep.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys. txrookie...i definenitly believe so. the factory string seems to be junk. thats gunna be the first thing to go!! servings wearing hard too...which i htink causes the loop to move sometimes. i got my loop super tight and ligned up but the peep or loop moves once in a while.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mauser06,

Get hold of Gibblet and have him make you a set of strings. This'll be one of the best things you add to a bow. First set he made me settled into the grooves in about 6 shots and have never changed. No creep and no peep rotation whatsoever.

Check out the G5 peep. If I'm not mistaken they make one with a 5/16" diameter hole. Just the ticket for hunting. Presently I'm using the Fletcher Magnum Hunter (1/4") but am taking a look at the G5 myself.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx BG...after this season i NEED a new string anyways..i was already gunna go with Gibblet..probably wont be till spring. once this seasons over itll be tooooo cold to be playin with the bow. ill be working and saving for a bow make over for spring..string is #1 on the list..plus peep. im gunna go with the G5 meta peep...