Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Just picked up a Trykon today...

Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Just picked up a Trykon today...

So far so good. I'll continue to hunt with my Darton until I feel comfortable taking this new bow in the woods, but it sure didn't take long to start stacking 6 arrow groups in the black from 20 yards out.

I have it set at 67 pounds, 28" draw length, RT900 sight, STS, QAD Ultra Rest Pro, Beman ICS 340's fletched left helical weighing 420 grains. Setup is shooting 260FPS.

Bow is pretty much shock free and quiet. I think I'm going to like it.

Any words of wisdom from Trykon ownerson things to look out for on this bow would be appreciated.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just picked up a Trykon today...

I have almost the same setup as you. I am shooting a 29" Trykon at 67lbs with 419gr arrows at 272fps.

There isn't anything to watch out for, that is unless you are the critter on the other end of the bow! LOL
Old 10-12-2006, 12:29 AM

I recently saw a newer Trykon the other day at the local Hoyt shop. I bought mine in November of last year.

Seems as though they might have served the cables a bit better. Maybe thatwill help alleviate the serving wear I see on the buss cable right close to the lower cam. Then again, aggressive cam lean will eat up serving no matter what.

I need to order a new set of cables and strings. But, I am hesistantsince we are in season. You will definately be fine this year with it, but think about replacing the strings and cableswith a better (quality)set next year.

Just keep them waxed good and you might not have any problems with it.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:16 PM

I have ordered a 06 Ultratec with 50-60 lbs poundage as I am a newcomer to archery and didn't want to start out with too high out poundage.

Reading your posts makes me think I will be shooting way too slow of FPS with 50-60.

Do you think so also ?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Trykon it's smooth, fast and quiet. You should be very happy, I've not had one problem with mine.

Combat: You should be just fine with 50-60, this will allow you to build proper form at a comfortable and manageable draw weight. As for the FPS, you will definitely not be "too slow." Heck people kill deer with recurves every year, and lots and lots and lots of people kill deer with 50/60's.