Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

sharpness of Muzzy blades

Old 10-11-2006, 07:53 PM

Default RE: sharpness of Muzzy blades

You guys that say the shrapness isn't there, tell that to the thumb I sliced open today.

Unscreweing one off of one of my dad's arrows, my thumbs slipped and slid down the blade. Sliced my finger almost to the bone.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

I can add myself to the Self-Inflicted Muzzy Laceration Group. (SIMLG?)

The don't seem as sharp as a few others out there, but the deer die quick and mind your fingers.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:09 PM

Okay, I'm convinced. Since my initial observation that another brand of broadhead seemed sharper than my Muzzy broadhead I'm now convinced that I don't need to change anything.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

You guys that say the shrapness isn't there, tell that to the thumb I sliced open today.

Unscreweing one off of one of my dad's arrows, my thumbs slipped and slid down the blade. Sliced my finger almost to the bone.
I couldn't say it better myself. I had four stitches and now a scar that proved to me that my Muzzy's were sharp enough 6 years ago.

I've sharpened some of my blades after awhile, but for the most part, I haven't had any issues with Muzzy. Like some others have said, all of my shots have been pass throughs to date with 90Gr. Muzzy's.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only shoot the practice Muzzy's, keep my hunting blades shotless....I too feel the blades and am like, "these aren't sharp enough". Hitt a doe at 20 yards last week..complete quartering away pass through,,,,doe dropped within 30 yards and was down for the count....I like the way the Muzzy;s fly and hit hard. Last weeks shot just confirms why I still use them exclusively.

Vashadow
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a pass through on a hog last week. Through the shoulder, including bone and out the neck on the opposing side. Are you familiar with the term, "Bleeding like a stuck pig?''. I am now. The Muzzy was plenty sharp to get the job done. One blade was pretty mangled, I'm not sure what it hit. Possibly the oak I found that half of my arrow lying next to. I'll post pics of the BH when I get home tonight. I thought about changing brands before this season and could not get what I wanted. Well, after 2 deer pass throughs and this hog, I'm sticking with Muzzy!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 AM

Congrats txrookie....way to bring home the bacon...lol...It sound like your season is going well.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:22 AM

I always trust the sharpness of the blades from the package and so far it hasn't failed me. I ruin the edge if I try to resharpen replaceable blades so that's whyI don't. It's up to you, butI think they come sharp enough. If they aren't sharp though, definetely sharpen them.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Yum Yum...
Yeah, my muzzys are really sharp, sharp enough to get ANY job done..
Add that sharpness to 275fps, and they become really, really sharp!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

campo, you are getting 275 out of your bow?

Quick Reply: sharpness of Muzzy blades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.