Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Code Blue vs. Tinks

Old 10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Code Blue vs. Tinks

I wanted to get everyones opinion on different estrous scents. I have been using Tinks for a number of years but it doesn't seem to get the bucks attention. I have killed a couple of bucks the last couple of years and six does but when the bucks come in the don't seem to pay too much attention to the Tinks scent bombs.

Has anyone had any luck with the Code Blue products?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Code Blue vs. Tinks

The only thing I don't like is that the bottles aren't dated. I try to buy my scents directly from Kishel's, that way I know they haven't been sitting on a store shelf for a year (or two). Although if you need something right away or you run out, the stuff in the store will do! Try the Doe Passion and the Buckthrasher II and you'll never use anything else again!

www.kishelscents.com
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 AM

I have had pretty good sucess with the Code Blue Doe in Estrous scents. Last was the first year I used it and had numerous bucks follow my scent trails and work over scrapes I place scent in. Code Blue is what I will be using this year also. I had previously used Tinks and had very very limited succcess with it. I have also used James Valley Scents Lethal Weapon and have decent seccess with that.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 AM

Well, Tinks has never done anything for me. So, I'm taking the plunge this year and trying the Code Blue. I've got their Buck urine, and BOTH doe estrous's. The expensive stuff and the kinda expensive stuff. GOING ALL OUT THIS YEAR!!!! (I've been hunting for about 15 years and have yet to kill a buck. Had LOTS of bad luck in the past. Was gonna quit for good last year, but there's just something that keeps me in it! )

WISH ME WELL THIS YEAR YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

I've had great success with Code Blue. The reason I don't use Tinks is that everyone uses Tinks around our property and I think the deer become leary of it.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had good luck w/ Tinks Gel.
My buddy swears by Still Steamin'.
I've never used it... Not too sure.
I used that buck stop one year and had all sorts of bucks come in.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 AM

I don't use tinks or codeblue. Tinks doesn't work forme, and codeblue is like 36.00 a bottle. I usually use other brand( s ).
Old 10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

tinks..keep it refridgerated
Old 10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

IMO after years of blowing $ on different deerurines and scents I have come to the conclusion that they are all JUNK and a WASTE of $$$. I have great success by cutting tarsel glands off of roadkill bucks during the prerut-rut time. HCH
Old 10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

IMO after years of blowing $ on different deerurines and scents I have come to the conclusion that they are all JUNK and a WASTE of $$$.
Agreed, if you want to use scents, use buck sense and threaten their territories, just like calling you pull more with grunts than bleats alone.

Quick Reply: Code Blue vs. Tinks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.