Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Old 09-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Michael, Factor in straightness, durability, peformance, spine, and just overall quality that Easton has had with the ACC, people pay hard earned money to shoot them. I would never shoot them for the money except the fact that they are the best arrow made. IMO Yes I could use XX78's and have in the past and may in the future still knowing ACC are the cats meow. I've shot Beman Trophy Hunters of ole, Beman ICS, XX75, XX78's, played with my friends GT's but always come back to ACC's. If I used any other arrow it would be for experimentation and even if I found one I like, cause all arrows work to some degree, I'd still plug ACC's as superior regardless. I don't know if that answered your question but that was some quote you did there.

Why Offset, Blazers for broadheads are only 2" long. Your not going to do much with a helical on them and in fact may have difficulty getting them to wrap well because of their stiffness. They may come off, someone with helical Blazers can weigh in here. I feel (and I use) you can get more out of an offset Blazer than a helical.

If your talking longer fletch and still have the clearance, then yes, helical may be the way to go.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 AM

Rob, Thanks for the reply. As for the quote, Iam still learning how to use everything at this site, SO hey I take the easy way out...LOL..Copy and Paste. Not pretty, but it works.

As for your answer, yes that does explain it. I am not very tech or product savy. I have a lot to learn, but coming here everyday has really shed some light on some things, and introduced me to a lot of products that I never knew existed.

Yes, the A/C/C arrows are expensiveI guess, but I paid about 100.00 for the dozen Carbon Express when I got my bow, and if the A/C/C 's are better and SAFER, then I don't really think of them as being that bad. I would rather spend some money than hurt myself or even get one of my kids hurt if a carbon arrow blew up. My life and my kids lives are worth an extra 20 to 50 dollars any day of the week. A little more money won't bankrupt me, and if my money is that tight then I don''t need to be bowhunting in the first place.....I should use the money to provide for my family. So the money is not an issue.

Thanks for your help and opinion.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Rob, I'll chime inon theblazers. I have been having the worst time keeping blazers on my arrows, due to the fact that they were right helicaled. As soon as they went on normal they stayed on. The whole time I was blaming my Whisker Bisquit because of the warping I have witnessed on 4 inch vanes from my bisquit.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:58 PM

Well I guess the only way to find out for sure is to try it, because I have a dozen carbon arrows being refletched right helical as we speak. I'll shoot them and see how the vains hold up,( Blazers as usual ). If they don't hold up then I'll have the dozen A/C/C's done as offset. Thanks for the information guys.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Beaman ICS hunter 400's, just started using them and love them so far
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

So are A/C/C carbon or aluminum?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 PM

YES !
Old 09-22-2006, 10:44 AM

Both. It's an aluminum core tube wrapped with carbon.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ACC are great arrows but don't forget that they do bend just like any other aluminum shaft. I tried them, bent a couple and went back to carbon Beman BlackMax this season. The ACC do shoot beautiful though.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:56 PM

i shoot vapor blackhawks..very affordable and fly true..

Quick Reply: Arrow recommendations YOUR opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.