Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Review - NAP Quicktune 360 Rest

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i just tested this rest yesterday again and i found several things wrong and im done fooling around with it.i was looking for a little better long range performance than my whisker biscut which i used since it came out. i bought the quicktune 360 last year and was liking it for about a week. then the teflon guides and post started wearing out and my groups went out the window. i called the company and they said they re- designed the bottom post and the teflon guides and they sent the new revisions to me. being too close to the hinting season i put the whisker biscut back on. i planned on trying this year. around december they did another re-design using bristles like a whisker biscut. i called and they sent me more parts. well yesterday i messed with it and found there werent enough bristles and probably werent stiff enough to keep the arrow in place all that great. in other words the arrow fell between the cracks so i had to opush it back into place with my finger while at draw. i messed with the adjustments and never got the rest to work. groups were poor and after seversal round the bottom post cracked in half. the bottom post is made of a springy thin plastic. anyway im done being a tester for a product that for me wasted my time. i think they should have done way more testing. so for now im now gonna try those blazer fletching on my whisker biscut to see if my 35 yard hits group better.
The new rest you can tune and adjust for any size or diameter shaft so that it holds the arrows tight enough to not fall off, yet loose enough to allow consistent flight. Mine came the perfect size for my GT 7595's, but I have tuned other bows that needed them adjusted. I have probably 1500 shots now on this bow/rest combo and it seems to shoot good enough to kill anything at a known distance out to 50 yards if I am presented with the perfect shot. With .019 pins and a short s-coil stabilizer, I was able to keep 34 arrows (20 from 40yd, 20 from 50yd) in a 3.5" 10 ring last night.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, well the proshop only had the old style so I'm sticking with my DZ for now. BUT I did switch rest last October after a few hunts, so I'm not above swapping mid stroke.
I told the owner the new style was on my wants list and he said he was picking up NAP soon, so hopefully he will get some in.

I know I could order one, but I'm not in dire need, just want to fidget is all.
Thanks again for the review.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Rick, well the proshop only had the old style so I'm sticking with my DZ for now. BUT I did switch rest last October after a few hunts, so I'm not above swapping mid stroke.
I told the owner the new style was on my wants list and he said he was picking up NAP soon, so hopefully he will get some in.

I know I could order one, but I'm not in dire need, just want to fidget is all.
Thanks again for the review.
Have him order one from Lancaster or Kinseys through the dealership.......He doesn't need to be signed up directly with NAP to get them.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i did adjust the bristles. it doesnt hold near as good as the whisker biscut. with a little side pressure it pops through and makes a clank noise so you would have to put felt tape on the inside to be safe.. if your shooting targets and concentrating on form thats one thing but with the nerves and heart pumpin and up in a tree it might matter. i do love the idea but after the plastic post broke off im not a happy camper.probably i just got a bad one maybe? anyway im glad it is working for you. now that you have shot it a bunch do you have any wear issues with the bottom post or the black bristles?