Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Interested in a quad

Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Interested in a quad

I have an 06 350 rancher 2x4 and my bike before that was exactly the same, in the 2000 model. I cant speak highly enough for these bikes as far as hauling and taking you where you want to go. Cant beat honda reliablitly and the price isnt too bad at 3700 for my brand new 06. Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

The smaller ones rather than those big overkill quads soung good when it comes time tobuy..

thanx for all the help.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 2006 Honda Rancher,It pulls my little disc very well,hauls corn,etc.It is a 350 and I am at a time in my life where its neat to
just putt along and watch the big rigs roar by!!I go where they go
it just may take me a little longer and we always end up together
at the camp ground!

Old 08-27-2006, 07:41 AM

You should check into Arctic Cats. I have a 2001 500 manual trans. It is very reliable and is as quiet as my buddy's 350 Rancher. I would reccommend that you get a quad with manual trany. They will run lower noise levels as they can be shifted into a higher gear and keep RPMs lower.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 AM

The Polaris Sportsman 450 is the most comfortable quad I have ever driven. It has performed flawlessly except for when some rats got into the barn and chewed up some of the wiring. DOH
Old 08-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'll add to the Polaris gang. I have an 04 High Output 500 4x4. It is too much to just get in and out of the woods but I can drag a disk/plow, push snow and gravel on the driveway and with the ind. rear and dual a arm front it is very easy on my old back!

Most atvs will do what you want with no trouble so justget what YOU like. If I needed only tranportation I would get a small one. If you are working food plots and hauling deer then go with a big gun.

It's sort of a Ford vs Chevy mine is bigger than your deal where you will get a bunch of answers from differant people. I rode a few and picked what made me happy and don't regret it. I don't know how I made it so long without mine.

Shane
Old 08-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: J Bolt 7mm

I am current;y in the market for a utility quad. After hours of research this is what I came up with.
Honda: Lacking power, low range, and front locking diff. Expensive.Reliable!!!
Polaris: Nice ride, not the most reliable.
Yamaha: good quads, many options, I would buy one.
Suzuki: Best inexpensive hunting quad out there Eiger 400 (2nd choice). Small, good power, low range, manual trans. Vinson is a good pick also.
Kawasaki: Brute Force 650. Bog bore quad priced at mid level. Front locking diff, low range, big V-twin power. I'm buying this one.
Suzuki, yamaha, and Kawi are now almost as reliable as the honda. Remember this is just my opinion and others may not agree. Happy shopping. Did I mention the power of the Brute Froce 650, wheelies are fun.
Jbolt, I own a 2003 Prarie 650 and if FUN is also on the menu this quad provides. I'll admit it is overkill for pure hunting purposes and I'll be the first to warn someone that anything over 500 IS overkill IMHO. But when it comes to enjoying a good fast pacedride (off season summer only) this quad will getter done. I thoroughly enjoy putting her in 4wheel high& letting her breath down the windy logging roads- it's a real hoot. In 2wd there is less control at high speeds.
My next quad will be IRS though, my new lease is one rock after the other and IRS would be a welcomed addition.
BTW, my 650 has been flawless.

They are all good, but in reality the perfect quad for my new lease would be one of those old suzuki 250 or 300's(king quad) low slung with IRS.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Don't forget about Bombardier. I have the Outlander 400 and it is a great bike.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:18 PM

DaveC. Go out and check out the Brute Force 650i. It has IRS and a few engine mods when compared to the BF 650(non IRS). I has different heads, bigger cards, and a hotter CDI, different tranny gears (It is a CVT but there are gears)wile still staying bullet proof. This will give you 6 horsepower and much improved acceleration. There was a mag article where the brute force 650i out accelerated all the big bores except the Outlander 800. I also like that it is not as big as the other big bore quads. I will look for the article and post it later. I'm getting mine in a couple weeks. Happy wheeling.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

J Bolt 7mm first post on page one is avery accurate snapshot of each manufacturerers machines (in general). I own 4 machines and have had 2 others. Own honda, yamaha, polaris and a Suzuki. Previously owned another Polaris and honda.Today.....all of these manufacterers are really quite good. 10 years ago I wouldn't say that. The high things to his post...Polaris definately has the best ride, I think Hondas and Yamaha are the most reliabe and engineered the best. We use the heck out of our machines......working food plots...clearing trails....getting around....setting and moving stands....and on and on. I have a rack that will hold 6 portables and we have a medium Otter sled that we pull behind with everything we could possibly need for setting up stands.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Interested in a quad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.