Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

fred bear code review

Old 08-07-2006, 02:39 AM

Default RE: fred bear code review

Hey pdoughety, I'm currently looking into the Fred Bear line myself and was wondering if you got your hands on their Instinct model as well. If so how would compare it to your Code. Is the Code worth the extra money?

I've been out of bow hunting for about 5 years now due to my job (military), but am looking to get back into it. Would appreciate any light you or anyone could shed on these two bows. They are around my price range.

Great looking bow by the way! *jealous*
Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 PM

yes sir, i did get to shoot the instinct. I think that the code was a lot more comfortable for me, and seemed to be a lot more quiet with less handshock. both were very smoothh, but i think the code had the advantage there too. I actually thought that the instinct was the least comfortable of the 3. the element was the most, and the code was 2nd. But then again, the element iis worst at everything else. I liked the longer ata as well. but then again, i only shot about 6 shots through the instinct, but i definately thought it was worth the money. Its got that extra 5 fps on it too.

for a 310 ibo speed bow that is that smooth and quiet, i think it is worth it 100%
Old 08-08-2006, 02:58 AM

Thanks for your quick response, I now have a little more in my budget for a bow, so the Code is one I'll look at for sure now. Sounds like you are very pleased with it.

Once I get back I'll go check it out, along with some other brands. After reading some more at this site I've seen more choices then I thought I had before. Again, thanks for the reply.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Spike

I just bought a Jennings Strike...same cam technology and VERY similar bow. My God is this thing smooth and quiet!! I had the Bear in my hands too, but opted for the Jennings.

As someone stated earlier Bear (and Jennings) do not get the respect (or should I say "HYPE") that some of the "other three" get.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys i am thinking of purchasing this bow also and found it for 383.00 at probowhunter.com does anyone know if it is a reputable company. that is a steal for this bow due to everywhere else it is 499.00
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Spike

Good looking bow, I think there are a few bow's that are overlooked. I always have thought the Bear's and PSE line are top notch shooters.