Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

drop away rests for trykons

Old 05-07-2006, 04:00 PM

Default drop away rests for trykons

I shoot a trykon and I started with a qad ultra rest had alot of clearance problems with it and now its making a grinding noise when its going from 80 degrees to 90 degrees. So I went out and bought a nap quick tune 2000 yesterday set it two shots later i relized my vanes were hitting the cable that brings the rest up into position. I think this would only be a problem on the hoyts because of the riser design. Just curious if anyone with hoytshad this same problem. Im thinking about buying a muzzy zero effect for a hoyt. Was wondering if anyone shoots themon a trykon?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: drop away rests for trykons

Do you hook the rest cable to your down buss cable? If you do buy a cable slide that allows you to hook the rest cable to it.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

My wife Hoyt girl and I both have Trophy Takers on our Trykons. LOVE the Trophy Taker
Old 05-07-2006, 06:18 PM

I do have the cable holder that gose on my cable slide.the cable has to go around the part of the riser behind the grip on the rest sideand thats why my vanes are hitting.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

the pro shop tied ours on the cable 2'' below the cable guard on the cable that comes out of the rear of the cable guide and nearest the rest. No clearance problem or fletchings touch on our setups.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Bowhunter..... I was using the NAP Quicktune 2000 until very recently. I did not have a problem with the vanes hitting the cable that brings the rest up and down.My problem is that the vanes are hitting the riser. The reason I switched was on account that my Trykon XL is only about 4 months old and the cable slide that came with the Quicktune simply wore my cables out. The guy at the shop showed me they difference between the Hoyt/Fuse slide and the NAP slide and there was a slight difference in the angle...but he did say they have changed it on the newer ones. I am now trying the Trophy Ridge Dropzone out. It's cable is tied onto the buss cable below the cable slide and I replaced the slide with a Simms Teflon.

It's a wait and see thing for because after changing all cables, string and dropdown rest the bow shoots entirely different that what I was shooting. I cant pin point it but I beleive the new rest is causing a metalic clanking sound, one that I didnt have before. I just got the bow back lastSaturday and I am leaving on a bear hunt this Saturday.......errrr time to go prcatice with the XL......