Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow recommendation?

Old 04-22-2006, 08:44 AM

Default Bow recommendation?

I am looking for a new bow. I shoot an1996 Jennings carbon Extreme, and would like to get a new smooth, accurate, fast bow. I realize a lot has changed in the past 10 years. I am more interested in a smooth, quiet shootable bow, then in blazing speed.I recently spoke to a archery Rep at Bass Pro shops and he said his #1 choice would be the browning Illusion followed by the Diamond Liberty. He shoots a Mathews switchback, and is happy with it, but said he would recommend these two over it.He said he is an avid shooter andhas shot all the bows BPS has in stock.

I know this is a touchy subject as everyone has their favorites and we tend to support what we own.I would like to hear what readers on this forum would suggest, especially those who have had a opportunity to shoot many of the new bows out there. When I buy, I will keep this bow for many years, so I want to ensure it is a good one.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow recommendation?

Everybody will reply to go and try them which is what you have to do really and anything in the higher end of 06 models will likely impress you so take your time and shoot as many as possible. I did and bought a Bowtech but its an individual thing, to each his own.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 PM

I agree with TerryM, I did the same and chose Mathews.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM

I will definitely shoot a bunch before I decide. I have seen a lotof recent posts onBowtech, buyt nothing on Diamond or Browning. Anyone out there shoot the Diamond Liberty or Browning Illusion?

Old 04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mines a Hoyt protec 05 and I was looking at the hype that came with it and they were explaining the different cam functions. The speed cams were supposed to be harder to draw than the ones I have which are made to be a more gradual draw. I suspected they did something since it was and continues to be a very easy pulling bow. I've crono'd it at 291-292, no slouch either.

See if the bows your interested in give some info on their cams and pulling them.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:50 PM

I think i will be going with the AR Velocity.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Martin shooter and like the nitrous cams, but there are a lot of good bows. Mentioned above, Diamond and Browning. I have experience with them and Diamond would be my choice there, hands down. Also, if you have a Gander Mountain store close by stop in and see if they have any of the new Guide Series Extreme by BOwtech. We just got some in our store and was I ever pleasantly surprised at the quality of these critters. I mean these are a really nice bow. Just by looking at them it's BowTech all over, just cheaper.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:11 PM

SCREW BLOWTECH!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 AM

Parker!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:51 AM

Pearson Stealth or the next choice would be a Parker Frontier 2 plus.

Quick Reply: Bow recommendation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.