Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow recommendation?

Old 04-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow recommendation?

Go to this link and click on the Bow selection guide. These guys are really great and have a great mail order/bow shop service going! [8D]

www.huntersfriend.com

Old 05-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Browning Illusion and love it. Try one and I think u will be impressed.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:59 PM

my buddy is in the same prediciment right now. we have some hoyt shooters,mathews shooters,pse guys etc in our group and he keeps listening to them on what bow to buy. i told him to go to gander and a couple other shops around here and feel every bow out that he likes and then make a decision. i myself have a trykon and to tell you the truth im regreting getting rid of my reflex grizzly from last year just because the reflex was perfect for me and i had a ton of success with it even though it was a fraction of the cost of my trykon. now i havent had a chance to hunt with the trykon yet so i may be premature with my regret right now but the only way to pick the right bow for you is to take em on a test drive. dont listen to anyone else or the fancy ads or the price tags. go with what feels good for you and you wont be dissapointed
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

well this is from a neutral stand point try these

bowtech-tribute allegiance and old glory

Matthews-switchback and the xt

browning-illusion

ar-velocity

hoyt-trykon

also dont sleep on the reflex's ive heard people say they shot the low end reflex better than high end bows,also if your shop carries them try parker,jennings,i also forgot about pse.Basically use ur best judgement.My pick would be the tribute
Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot an '05 Diamond Victory. It may be what you are looking for. This bow has a very smooth draw cycle with a solid back wall. It is quiet and while it is not BLAZING fast it is more than enough. Mine is 65# with a 29" draw length shooting a 412gr arrow at 260fps. I am very happy with this bow. A great buy for the money. Make sure you shoot one while you are testing bows.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Banned

I shoot a Hoyt Trykon; simply fast and amazing. If I was to get a back up bow either the Tribute ot Allegience by BowTec
Old 06-17-2006, 09:32 AM

I would definatly sayget a switchback!!! I own a switchback have had it since they put em out,actualy preordered it before the stock hit the shelves.It is a wonderful sweet shooting bow.You wont be disapointed.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 AM

I just started shooting again after some years off because of " Authur Itis" but these new bows have enabled me to get back in a sport that I love.
After shooting many bows, many of which were good, I choose a Hoyt Lasertec because of quietness and ease of draw. Also it won't break the bank