Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Alpha Hand Climber

Old 03-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lone Wolf Alpha Hand Climber

I've been looking at getting a lone wolf stand but I don't see how to operate the foot climber portion. I have a summit and it has that bungy chord thing that you pull back with your feet to secure your feet to the foot climber. The wolf doesn't have anything like that. Looks like the summit foot climber without the bungy chord. How do you keep from losing the foot climber and how do you keep your feet secure?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:01 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Alpha Hand Climber

Hey Saxman,
The square tubing of the base is designed for foot placement and becomes obvious as soon as you open the base up by pivoting the top of the angled section. It all folds down for easy carrying but you open it prior to climbing. Here is a photo of mine with the base opened. I tried to mark the spots where your feet position but the yellow print may be too small to read. Either way, you can easily see the black angled round pipe that attaches to the rear of the platform. That angle creates a triangle where your boots easily fit. I love my Alpha Hand Climber and have never had any problems with losing the base. Good Luck!

Old 03-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Hey Saxman,
Really sorry about that picture. My first attempt at uploading and what a disaster. If you like, I can email you the photo I took of my stand base and you'll see where your feet locate. Really sorry about the photo.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

BowTechSlinger, yes please email that to me. I believe my email address is public under my profile. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Josh
Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Got the photo. Thanks BowTechSlinger!!!

Looks like I might be dropping some money on a new stand before next year.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You won't be disappointed! It's the deadliest little stand on the market!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:34 PM

You're very welcome Saxman. I'm having major arthritic issues in my left shoulder and neck and was unable to carry my old stand for any distance. The Alpha hand climber solved all of that!!! I can carry it all day and the darn thing just plain works!!! I love mine. Kudos to the pros at Lone Wolf.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

what kind of summit stand do u have?? You can always upgrade to the climbing stirrups! Lone wolfs looks nice, but they're a lil too pricey
Old 03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

they got a lone wolf sit and climb on sale here https://www.jesseshunting.com/osComm...cturers_id=147
Old 03-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I bought climbing stirrups for my summit viper already. It helped a lot but I am looking for something really light and no bar on the front. I like the bar for gun and muzzleloader hunting but for bow hunting I find myself standing up all the time and I'd like to be able to sit down and shoot. The summit forces me to stand and shoot my bow. I also find myself tending to stay close to the path with the summit cause it is a little heavy. I would like to get the 14.5 pounder and see if that helps me get off the beaten path.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Alpha Hand Climber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.