Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

Thanks.... I was shooting it at both 10 yards and out to 20 yards over the weekend and absolutely LOVE IT!

I can't move the elevation allen screw on my old Tru-Glo sights (corroded/rusted) but was able to get the windage to break free, and then just moved the individual pins themselves to get it aligned. I don't want to go beyond 20 yards just yet as I'm still learning the bow and it's own unique handling. It is super fast, extremely quiet, and the most important thing that is amazing - there is NO hand shock or vibration at all!

Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I know this forum is kinda old by 2 weeks but i cant help it,my Reflex Highlander will be arriving by the end of the week,im getting it from Huntersfriend.com and having the Quicktune 4000 installed on it.I cant wait to start shooting it and getting ready for this season.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey that's cool, Lunker Hunter!

You will LOVE the Reflex Highlander! It is really a sweet bow and very lightweight, smooth drawing, quiet, and zero hand shock. The way I feel withbuying it, owning it, shooting it, etc...etc... it is basically a Hoyt Ultra Mag but with the Reflex name on the limbs.

What draw length are you? Mine got set to 29" and I had the bow set at 67# draw weight which made for a nice setup.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 PM

come on it cant be the only way to go I love my switchback 05 and tribute 06
Old 03-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

It will be a 27" draw at 60#,im 5'7" not the tallest on the planet.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new Highlanders guys. I had a Reflex Grizzly for a while and ended selling it for a few reasons. First I was not measured properly by the twit who sold it to me and he sold me one that started at 27" and what I ended up with was a 26" bow when I replaced it. Secondly I was having torquing problems because of the old style grips they had and ended up removing them and shooting off the riser. And third I decided I wanted a shorter ATA, the grizz was 37" I think. All of these issues seem to have been adressed with the new Highlander. My guess If I had started with this new model Iwould still own it. My advice to you is to immediately replace the OEM strings buy a new custom set made buy Gibblett here on Huntingnet and to add a STS string stopper and you won't believe how that improves your bows. Enjoy your bows!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TerryM
My advice to you is to immediately replace the OEM strings buy a new custom set made buy Gibblett here on Huntingnet and to add a STS string stopper and you won't believe how that improves your bows. Enjoy your bows!!!!!!!!!
Replace the strings/cables? Why??? [&:] Hopefully I'm not opening up a can of worms, but is there something inferior about the OEM strings on Reflex bows?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Replace the strings/cables? Why??? Hopefully I'm not opening up a can of worms, but is there something inferior about the OEM strings on Reflex bows?
Actually alot of OEM strings are not worth much, not just on Reflex but Hoyt also and Mathews too. I had a hard time keeping a peep in place on my Grizzly and a simple string change would solved the problem completely. Just keep the originals as spares. Even if you spend over $700.00 on a new bow these days sometimes you still need to upgrade the strings and cables.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Well i got the bow on Thursday and all i can say is WOW,this bow is so quiet and smooth,i love this bow its the sweetest thing.Im glad i bough it,i will post a photo tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Good luck on your new Reflex bows. I got mine in the late fall after I had already taken my deer. I had major back surgery this last july and I didn't think I would be able to hunt in the fall. I used to shoot an old Proline Point Blank and it was tough. I did manage to practice enough with the old bow to be able to hunt the rut. I scored a nice 8 pt. with the Proline. My wife had seen me struggling with it and when I suggested I update my gear. I ordered the Reflex but shot the buck 4 days befor I received it.
I have shot it a bunch and I can't tell you how pleased I am, but only into my block target.I may go out to Oklahoma to hunt some hogs with it next month. My old rodeo partner called and invited me down.
Good luck with your bows and good hunting.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

Quick Reply: Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.