Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

UPDATE.... UPDATE.... UPDATE....

Guys, I just got back a little while ago from the bow shop. OMG, I feel like such a complete IDIOT!!!! [][:-][&o][>:]

You all remember how I used to shoot this old classic bow?
1996 PSE Edge Series 1000C, round wheel dual cam style.
http://members.aol.com/ammonc/PSE-1000Ca.jpg

All these years (okay I'm a seasoned rookie with 4 years of bow shooting) I have been shooting the wrong draw length!!! [&:] I was always a 30" draw. That's what I was told, so that's what I went with. Anyway, I brought my new Reflex Highlander to the shop and went over it with the guy. He had me do all sorts of stuff with drawing it, measuring me, changing the poundage, having me draw it again, etc...etc... This guy really checked the bow out and my bow form big time!

The very first time I drew it back, the guy was like, "Whoa whoa whoa... take it back down... You are WAY too long! Are you sure you're a 30" ? So I drew a "test bow" with a long arrow marker on it, and sure enough, I am a solid 29" draw.... not 30". I have been shooting an inch longer bow all this time?!?!

So, anyway, we talked about what I want to do, what I hunt, tree stands, etc... and then discussed arrows and releases and general bowhunting equipment and what is the best for me and the best for the bow. He looked up bow charts and tweaked the poundage up to 67# with a 29" draw and told me the old XX75 2315's might work but would have to be cut down, but then again why bother?

Long story short.... Here is the latest image of my brand new, right out of the box, 2006 Reflex Highlander. I got hooked up with the following equipment:

Scott Mongoose release
String loop
S-coil stablizer (from my old trashed PSE bow)
Camo wrist strap (from my old trashed PSE bow)
Tru-Glo 3 pin sights (from my old trashed PSE bow)
NAP Quiktune 1000 rest
BEMAN 340 ICS Hunter carbon arrows, cut to 29"
Bow is now 67# draw weight and 29" draw length
and is a work of art!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are definately not the first person tomake the draw lengthmistake. Youare using several accessories that I currently use. I shoot the Beman ICS camo hunter340's. Youshould reallyenjoy them, I know I do. I also recentlyswitched from my 15 year old Cobra pro caliper release to a Scott Mongoose. So far Iam very pleased.

So did you get to shoot the bow? Let us know how it shoots. Ahhhhh, there's just something about a new bow!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 PM

Butch, yer not a proud poppa, are ya??? [8D]

Don't sweat the draw length thing. It may be a difference with the cams and such too.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks.... A few guys in the store were eyeballing my new bow as the guy was working on it and working with me and my setup. It gathered some attention because one guy saw it and said something like, "Hey is that an Ultra Sport (Hoyt)"? and then he noticed the "Reflex" name and looked confused. I told him that it is the brand new Reflex Highlander but with a Hoyt riser configuration. They discontinued the Reflex Grizzly and came out with the Highlander for 2006.

I can't wait for this afternoon when I get off work so I can shoot some arrows through it!!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 09:58 AM

Looks almost as good as my SuperSlam
Old 03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, yeah... The Super Slam is an awesome bow! [8D] I haven't shot one, but drew one back though. Very sweet. I have only shot the Reflex Grizzly before and loved it. I was told that the Highlander is essentially a Grizzly but a little more tricked up and faster with a 2" shorter ATA.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

nice bow bud, way to go
Old 03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks...

I have officially shot my Reflex Highlander today 3/3 before dinner. I stood extremely close at about 5 yards away and nocked a new Beman ICS arrow and drew back on the Block 4X4 target.

TWACK!! The bow launched the arrow so fast that it literally scared me. I ain't afraid to admit it... I mean, I'm used theheavy, slow, old school dual cam bows @ (maybe) 220-225fps.

Then I stepped back a bit further to maybe 8 yards away and launched the same arrow. This bow is so fast, that I don't even feel it releasing. This is unbelievable!!! I mean, there is no hand shock. There is no vibration. And most importantly, there is no noise. The only noise I heard was the loud TWACK from Beman ICS arrow penetrating the Block 4X4.

THIS BOW IS NIGHT AND DAY FROM MY OLD ROUND WHEEL DUAL CAM BOW!! WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING ALL THESE YEARS?!?! [8D]

Tomorrow I will go back out and carefully mess with the sight pins, and figure if I should continue with the old salvaged Tru-Glo 3 pin sights, or upgrade to better sights.

In a nutshell: WOW, what a bow!!!! This bow is just like shooting the Hoyt ProTec! Reflex made a heck of a bow for the money! Watch the sales and watch how many of these bows they end up selling! This is incredible!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:52 AM

thats a sweet looking bow butch,good luck
Old 03-05-2006, 12:59 AM

NICE LOOKIN BOW CONGRATS. CANT GO WRONG WITH A HOYT PRODUCT

Quick Reply: Reflex Highlander has arrived!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.