Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Just ordered the Reflex Highlander!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just ordered the Reflex Highlander!!!

Congrats on the new bow! I'm sure you will enjoy it.I really am impressed with the Reflex line of bows....seem to be lots of bang for the buck. How long before you get it? I used a NAP Quicktune 2000 Dropawaylast year for hunting and I installedone on my VTec for this year. Ihave thought about trying the Whisker Bisquit or the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunterbut the NAP has worked well so far.Let us know how she shoots!!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... I talked to Hunters Friend and ordered it today. They are setting it up for me and will ship it out hopefully tomorrow. I should have it hopefully by the weekend, if not early next week. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

The choices to trick up a brand new bow are amazing. I like the Drop Zone arrow rest, but am always used to "shoot through" rests like the TM Hunter/NAP Quicktune style where the cock feather is always down.

I got lots of time to get this new bow all setup and get the best arrows for it:
Reflex Highlander
36" ATA
Slam 1/2 cam
305 fps IBO rating
30" draw length
60-70# limbs backed off to 65#'s.

Beman and Gold Tip are the two common carbon arrows, as Easton is the only aluminum arrow maker still in existence, right? What are A/C/C arrows like? Anyone shoot them?

Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 PM

I shoot a Reflex and now you can enjoy the fun we Reflex owners have wiht our bows....lol......Hope your bow setup turns out tite!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:18 PM

Butch, I shoot A/C/C's, 3-60's. In my absolute, honest opinion, there is NO BETTER arrow made. They are pricey, but worth every penny. Straight, weight tolerances are incredibly tight, the spine is precise, they are very tough and the nocks are second to none. Simply the best.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM

Mobowhuntr what made you decide to use acc's versuses a good quality carbon. What are the major differences. Don't the acc's have the HIT technology. Is there only a few broadheads that will work with HIT. Enlighten me good buddy as I am in the market for new arrows.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:44 PM

No, the ACC does NOT use HIT. They have either glue in target tips or the standard insert.

I chose them for several reasons, most of which are in my above post. The tolerances are incredibly tight and consistent. The spine is perfect and the X nocks (maybe G.....don't remember) are just awesome. They fit snug, can be tuned to perfection. The ACC is strong, tough, durable and just plain good. I used to shoot "plain ole carbon arrows" and shot them pretty well. I generally had 1 1/2" groups at 20 yards. Every now and then, a "flyer" would show up causing me to scratch my head and say "WTF?" Sometimes I would punch the trigger or something, but alot of times I had no idea. Enter the ACC. No more of that nonsense. I now shoot 5 arrows and usually at 20 yards they are all touching. No more flyers, if I do get one, I know why. The difference was amazing. Are they more expensive? Yep. Are they worth it? Every penny. Shoot some and you'll see.
Besides all that, it's the ONLY arrow that's remained the same over the years. Others have come and gone, changes made, but not these. I figure that's because they were perfect to begin with.

Sorry Butch. Don't mean to be hijacking here.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
Sorry Butch. Don't mean to be hijacking here.
Hey no sweat... I'm glad you posted your knowledge and experience with ACC's. I will have to look into them!

Old 02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

you get the bow yet butch?? did u test it before you bought it?? im curious as to how you like it and how it shoots when you get it up and running if you dont mind...ill be in the market SOON.....i drew back a Grizzly last week and it felt REALLY good..i drew back a few other bows...and liked that one based on feel and draw..but it felt a hair long ATA...so im going to look at the buckskin..excursion and highlander..huntersfriend makes this bow sound GREAT.....i will be test shooting probably at the end of march or so...buying the end of april or so hopefully...all i got left is about 2 months here...only bills is phone bill...gas..and minor food here and there.....i should have more then enough to buy a bow...set it up...arrows and a target to get rolling.....the day im home on summer break i want to be SHOOTING!! i cant wait...let me know how you like it....and how you set it up....i cant decide between carbons and alumanums..carbons make sense but man..i dont know know if you seen some of the pics of them things breaking into hands and such...makes me cringe...i know its a freak accident..and could probably been prevented...but mannnn that would hurt....though ill probably got with carbons..ill just inspect them ALL the time..and make sure they are right for my bow ect....im leaning towards a whisker biskiut for atleast the first year...sights i dont know yet...good luck with the new bow...i may end up with the same one...sounds like a sweeeeet bow...
Old 02-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't gotten it yet.... It should be here any day or the beginning of next week. I CAN'T WAIT!

I have tried out, tested, and shot, the Reflex Grizzly. It is a sweet shooter, but they already have phased it out even though it is still on the racks in some shops.

The Reflex Highlander is essentially a Grizzly but with a shorter riser from the Hoyt Ultramag line. Hunters Friend basically told me that if I really liked the Grizzly, then I will LOVE the new Highlander.

I need to get the bow tricked up with some goodies as soon as it comes in (arrow rest, new sights, etc...)

I like the NAP Quicktune line of arrow rests. I used an old basic TM Hunter rest for years and am used to that style.

I am also going to upgrade the arrows and go carbon. It would make sense since I used to shoot heavy old 2315 Easton XX75's with a 125gr tip (aka flying tire irons ).

Old 02-23-2006, 10:24 AM

congrats on your new bow butcha,there sweet looking i order my bow last year from huntersfriend (reflex grizz)and the service they have is great ,

Quick Reply: Just ordered the Reflex Highlander!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.