Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Patriots

Old 02-17-2006, 10:47 AM

Default Bowtech Patriots

I was wondering if anyone had any reviews of the 2005 Patriot? I've seen the comparisons and the IBO speed and everything look great, but how quite are they and how much vibration do you feel compared to some other bows?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Patriots

I shoot an 03 single cam. Try one and compare it to the new crop of bows. I think you won't be dissapointed.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 PM

i have an 05 patriot single cam. i wouldnt trade it for any new bow they have. not that the new ones are not good but they are just no better. my patriot shoots 317 fps at 68 lbs. with the arrows i shoot. so its smokin fast and deadly acurate and best of all quiet. the new line up failed to see the patriot. i was told it was renamed and put in the diamond line up. if it truely is the same bow . just as fast quiet and acurate i wont be upset. but if they did any changes that made any of these qualities lesser it would be a cryin shame.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I bought a new '05 Patriot a month ago and this is my first Bowtech. The draw cycle is probably smoother than any bow I have ever owned.......that and the balance along with enough speed to satisfy any archer made it my choice. Speedwise it has plenty, although I have not chronographed it.

It does not have much hand shock upon release, although it's not as dead in the hand as the Tribute or Switchback, but once I finally get a good stabilizer on my Patriot it may well be. Its quiet and by sliding the stock cable and string silencers to find the best position, it became even better. I am debating on whether to put any limbsavers on it, I don't think it needs any. I may try catwhiskers in place of the Bowtech silencers, haven't decided on it. The grip is among the best available on a bow in my opinion. I am also impressed with the quality of the Bowtech string. One thing I may do is have the center serving changed to a slightly thicker serving, although its not necessary. Overall, taking into consideration the grip, smooth draw cycle, more than adequate amount of speed, balance, feel, and looks I am more than pleased with my '05 Bowtech Patriot. To be honest I can't wait for my first hunting season with it.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:18 PM

I have owend 2005 Patriot for about 8 months. Now I shoot Switchback 2005. 2005 Patriot is faster about 5 fps faster then SB but is louder and not hand shock free. The reason I sold my Patriot was the limbs. I have replaced every two - three months new set. I shoot 6 grain per pound.
SB is quieter anyway.

Vodek