Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cobra Diamondback Drop-Away

Old 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Cobra Diamondback Drop-Away

I just put one of these on my hunting bow and I love it. I would suggest also putting some sort of rubber arrow holder under it, because the one that is built in doesn't work very well. I put a rubber NAP arrow holder on the shelf and it worked great. My groups were tighter and the arrow won't fall off my rest anymore. It was also very easy to set up and had my bow sighted back in no time (10 min.)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cobra Diamondback Drop-Away

I agree. I have the same rest and I am very pleased with it. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have one on my bow. It is the first drop away I've had and I'm very please with it. I shot the NAP Quicktune 2000 first and I found it very jumpy on the draw and a bit noisy on the fall, so I went with the Cobra. Good call on the arrow holder

Old 02-10-2006, 01:38 PM

I have one on my switchback and love it,but I have found something better and had it put on my tribute that I just walked in the door with.It is a quality archery design ultra rest pro series.It cocks up all but the last quarter inch.There is a bar acros top that wont let arrow fall out like the biscut.Then when you fire everything is gone.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Spike

Thumbs up on the Cobra Diamondback. Have one on each of my bows. Installed the Parker Productions Arrow Holder directly in front of the rest and it keeps the arrow secure. In my opinion, this setup provides total arrow containment with the benefits of a dropaway rest. I experienced a noticeable difference in my shot accuracy the day I installed this combination.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:12 AM

Same here. Dont think know thatI will even want to look at a new rest.
_Righty_

Old 03-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here. I love it and it is the first drop away I have used. I think the arrow holder on it works well but I have Goldtip Ultralight 600's. It took more work then usual to set it upand tune it but it was worth it. Here is a pic of what I did.