Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pop up blinds

Old 01-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Default pop up blinds

Does anyone know of a good pop up shoot through blind that isn't quite as exspensive as a double bull 400 bucks is high.I would likea flat roof that I can shoot from anywhere.The tee pee ones are made where you can just shoot right in the middle.I'm big and move alot and dont want to be seen.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pop up blinds

Ameristep has a few that are pretty big. I have a hunters view lodge thats 7'X7' but no mesh. Its not really needed with a big blind if you stay back from the window. Its 7' tall too if I remember right. I recently got a Yukon Tracks Commander & like it too. Its a little smaller than the lodge & a person much taller than me (5'8") might have trouble standing to shoot but its real roomy, maybe 6&1/2' square.
The yukon tracks blind you can open the whole top half of a wall covered with mesh. I have a couple dog houses too & like them alot but theyre tight for sure.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I bought an Eastman carbon venture blind this year, it has alum. hubs like double bull and shoot through screens. Got mine on ebay less than $110.00.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:59 PM

I have an Eastman Outfitter's Carbon Venture, and I'm happy with it. I got it new on eBay at a great price. It doesn't have the Safari System or the magnetic window fasteners (both of which I would like to have), but it is easy to set-up and take down. I got caught in a downpour (more like a monsoon) last fall and it kept me dry! With the pack-style straps on the bag it is fairly easy to carry. I carry it turkey hunting and some mornings walk a mile or more calling before I set-up (and in NC it's warm during turkey season). There is enough room in the bag for a small roll-up tripod stool, and at the top of the bag for two rolled-up decoys, so all I need is a fanny-pack strapped in front of me for my calls, etc. Also the mesh doesn't affect fixed broadheads, but for turkey I shoot mechanicals and take the mesh out.
Good blind, easy to carry and set-up. Get the newer model with magnetic window fasteners (velcro is noisy). I give it an 8 out of 10.