Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

summit climb stirrups

Old 10-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: summit climb stirrups

I love the foot stirrups on my Viper X4.... I will never own a tree stand with the plain ol' foot straps again.

Muzzy125acc - the bottom section slides into the top section. The seat slips through the last crossbar piece of the bottom and nestles inbetween the foot stirrups and finally lays down flat along the whole section. The backpack straps can bepulled to the sides of the seat, out to the side of the whole thing, where it will be comfortable to carry. Finally, the black "S" hook strap on the top of the seatgets fastend back down around the other side a few rungs down to hold the seat secure. Then just use the strap to whole the whole thing together, along with the safety rope and prussic hitch. That's how I pack my Summit Viper X4 in and out of the woods. It's totally silent and easy to carry.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:31 PM

well guys thanks for all the replies, i installed the strripus on my stand and used it the first time today, all i can say is WOW, what a difference, no more bending over trying to get your feet in the straps and pulling the bungie cord behing your heels, i have to say it the best 20 bucks i spent in a long time, thanks again for all the replies.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I really love my Goliath that i've had for the past two years (mule deer this past season)especially withthose stirrups, i drew a elk (rifle)tag that i've waited for the past five years and my Goliath is going with me ,hopefully i can get into an area with good sign. i'm All packed and ready to head out for about 14 days,,looks as thoughsome storms aremoving in and i hope with somesnow if it can get cold enough.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 PM

Stand the seat with the "teeth" on the ground. piggyback the bottom by sliding the platform under the stirrups and pulling the shoulder straps through the seat portion. I pull the seat through and back up to pad the back when backpacking. It's kind confusing to tell you this way but get it outside and mess around with how you want to carry it. Use the green cinch strap to secure the two halves together. Good luck. You'll get the hang of it with the stirrups.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a picture on another site where a guy made his own out of bungie staps(sp)
Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzz,

If you're talking about how it goes together for packing have no fear. It packs the same as before the stirrups. The base platform fits inside the seat climber so the stirrups are not in the way. As I said before, CAT'S MEOW.