Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Peep sight recomendation

Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Peep sight recomendation

I currently hava C-Peep on my Hoyt V-Tech. Heres the problem, I cant see the little 3 tits. I see fine distance, I cant see sqawt up close. I like using a peep sight. Can anyone suggest a peep sight that might work for a guy like me that wears glasses for reading. I tryed the glasses shooting, no way can I do that.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight recomendation

Take a trip to the local proshop. Ask to see either the Specialty super peep or the Super Hunter peep with a Verifier lens. There are four different diopters. Start with the lowest power diopter. These lenses can help clear up the pins for those who need bifocals.
The Super peep doesn't use a tube. The Hunter version uses a tube and has a larger hole to allow more light through.
Gice it a try and see what you think.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 PM

The Tru peep MAX Hunter works for me ,I think it's a 1/4"
Old 10-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mrbuster

I currently hava C-Peep on my Hoyt V-Tech. Heres the problem, I cant see the little 3 tits. I see fine distance, I cant see sqawt up close. I like using a peep sight. Can anyone suggest a peep sight that might work for a guy like me that wears glasses for reading. I tryed the glasses shooting, no way can I do that.
I switched to a Hind Sight Extreme this year and will never put another peep sight on my bow. Check them out at www.hindsightco.com
Old 10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really like the Fletcher true peep ,it come's in 3 size's large hole for hunting ,medium hole for hunting and 3D and small hole for 3D.Take your choice ,they don't cost a whole lot and won't break the bank either .

nubo
Old 10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have always used a true peep but went to a Specialty Archery hooded peep this year. I absolutely love this thing. The hood it great at cutting down on internal glare. It also accepts the same screw in apertures from 1/8th down to 1/32nd of an inch as well as clarifiers that may help you with your close up vision.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/hoodedballpeep.htm

Old 10-30-2005, 08:38 PM

I had the same problem with the C peep and useda very small spot of white out to make the three tips visible. It takes a smallest of touchess to get it right. If you get too much, wipe it off an start over. The three white reference points makes it great for me. I normally use glass to read and can see the reference points well enough that I shoot tight groups.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Have you tried a Timberline No-PEEP. I have tried several different peeps over the verys and since I have installed a No-Peep I have seen the light and will never go back. No worries about string twist, low light conditions or ruber tubing. Put it on, get it set and your good to go. JMO.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 AM

I tried the Timberline no peep and do not like it. I gave it to a friend, and don't know if he liked it any better. Too difficult to find that small alignment when in the woods.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another vote here for the hooded ball peep.

I can go from target 6x lens with clarifier in the peep to my hunting set up in a couple of minutes.
Just slide out the Hogg-it with the lens slide in my Hogg-it set up for hunting take out the clarifier adjust the rest and I am ready to go.
Of course I have the rest settings written down for the change seeing I am going from lightfat arra's to heavy skinny arra's

Quick Reply: Peep sight recomendation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.